News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

It's time we all came to terms with the fact that the Galaxy Note 10 phones will not feature headphone jacks

Started by Redaktion, July 07, 2019, 13:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We're exactly a month away from the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phones, and it's become increasingly obvious that the early leaks were right: the flagship duo will not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. How that influences your potential purchase decision is up to you.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/It-s-time-we-all-came-to-terms-with-the-fact-that-the-Galaxy-Note-10-phones-will-not-feature-headphone-jacks.427080.0.html

alphaLONE

The S5 was a really great phone : removable battery, water resistance, USB 3.0, support for HDMI MHL, SD slot... The S6 was the one with a poor reception, because it traded all of those features for an aluminium chassis and glass panes on the front and back. The SD slot and water resistance were brought back on the S7, but it was still a "features-downgrade" from the S5.

Tmp3150

What a joke. Get Rid of the headphone jack and go to Bluetooth.   This isn't 2010 so let the past go and grow up and stop whining.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: alphaLONE on July 07, 2019, 14:58:55
The S5 was a really great phone : removable battery, water resistance, USB 3.0, support for HDMI MHL, SD slot... The S6 was the one with a poor reception, because it traded all of those features for an aluminium chassis and glass panes on the front and back. The SD slot and water resistance were brought back on the S7, but it was still a "features-downgrade" from the S5.

Oof, my bad. Fixed.

Quote from: Tmp3150 on July 07, 2019, 15:13:55
What a joke. Get Rid of the headphone jack and go to Bluetooth.   This isn't 2010 so let the past go and grow up and stop whining.

This opinion quickly loses weight the moment you attempt to do any serious audio work. I'll stick with my headphone jack, thank you very much.

S.Yu

At least a C-to-C+3.5mm dongle is less than $10, no indication of the quality of signal through that dongle though.
Now we join Apple in the age of dongles, at least until that C port breaks.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on July 07, 2019, 17:23:29
At least a C-to-C+3.5mm dongle is less than $10, no indication of the quality of signal through that dongle though.
Now we join Apple in the age of dongles, at least until that C port breaks.

There's this, too, but you almost definitely lose fast charge.

virtualdogbert

This is a reason to vote with your wallet, and not buy I note 10, but a buy a note 9 for cheaper.

Companies like Samsung should stop trying to follow in the footsteps of Apple, and innovate, something that has been missing from new phones for a long time.

A

I've  come to terms that the Note brand has devolved from a power user's phone to pretty much just a larger galaxy s.

I find it sad that no one actually bothered to create a galaxy note competitor despite it's good sales. (And no I'm not talking about that square attempt by LG or their low end stylus phones nor those phones named note for no reason by xiaomi)

Digitalguy

What a stupid decision. They will lose much more on sales than they will earn on wireless earphones.
Fortunately for me they have realeased the perfect successor to the S7, the S10e.... I'll buy it once it's well under 500 and will keep it for many years...

Daniel Eriksson

Was a bit interested, but this definitely decides the case against this phone. I'm perfectly happy with my Blackberry Keyone though, and the Key2 also has a 3.5 mm jack in case I should ever need a slightly newer phone. I only wish it had an optical trackpad; my BB Classic was so much more practical and efficient...

Etoxquu

It's a no brainer! After see that Tab S5e came with no headphone jack and was a nightmare use a dongle, I returned it as many other people did it. I would not buy a phone that force me to upgrade my headphone hifi accesories. Bluetoth headphones  are nice, but still I want to have redundancy to connect to audio systems easily due are HiFi systems using a simple headphone jack.  It's too much money, better to invest in a real laptop with all benefits if it comes with no headphone jack

Jeff Murray

Now Samsung is no different than all the other manufacturers.  They just gave up what set them apart from the others.   I'm out.....

S.Yu

Quote from: virtualdogbert on July 07, 2019, 19:20:48
This is a reason to vote with your wallet, and not buy I note 10, but a buy a note 9 for cheaper.

Companies like Samsung should stop trying to follow in the footsteps of Apple, and innovate, something that has been missing from new phones for a long time.
Unfortunately I'm on the Note 8, if I upgrade just one generation it's miniscule and a waste of money............maybe one of those gaming phones that isn't so tacky-looking?...Is there one? The Blade equivalent in smartphones?
------------
Now it's looking like the market right before Galaxy S6, every potential device has something seriously wrong, it's basically that. Maybe not this year then.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview