News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No Intel Required: Asus TUF FX505DT Laptop Review with Ryzen 7 and GeForce GTX 1650

Started by Redaktion, July 04, 2019, 07:34:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

As it turns out, mid-range Nvidia GPUs pair very well with AMD's latest Ryzen H-series of CPUs. Asus is doubling down on even more Intel-less gaming laptops that gamers on tight budgets ought to consider.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-Intel-Required-Asus-TUF-FX505DT-Laptop-Review-with-Ryzen-7-and-GeForce-GTX-1650.426695.0.html

Shobith

Even though Asus gives you 2666 MHz RAM with the laptop, does it actually run at that speed? AMD lists support for only up to 2400 MHz on their 3550H/3750H specifications page.

I have the 3550H version of this laptop and it runs only at 2400 MHz despite Asus mentioning 2666 MHz on their website and also putting a 2666 MHz card in it for some reason.

Also, can you clarify why there is such a huge fps difference in FIFA 19 between a Ryzen powered GTX 1650 laptop (89 fps) vs an Intel powered one (183 fps) even at ultra 1080p as shown in your GTX 1650 (laptop) page?

Dexin Pham

The CPU-bound situation might stem from the fact that memory is running in single-channel. AMD is well known for being dependent on memory settings.

william blake

dear notebookchek i have to say something really important to all of us, media, consumers, manufacturers, listen carefully.

there is no such thing as "single channel" for any desktop, laptop, pc, mac, except a very tiny segment of a very light&thin devices. see single channel-this device is for immediate upgrade.
again, there is no reason for single channel(1 module) to use it. ZERO.
conclusions:
1. manufacturers should indicate this on the packaging(but there is little hope for them, so let's move on to other categories).
2. media should inform customers about this. and don't test the "for upgrade only" configurations. this is just makes no sence.
you job here is ABSOLUTELY USELESS. you just spent a lot of time for nothing. and you did nothig to help us, consumers, or provide any useful information.
3. buyers should be aware of this, bought with one module-add a second. you don't want to mess around, buy config with two modules.

william blake

Quote from: Shobith on July 05, 2019, 07:11:43
AMD lists support for only up to 2400 MHz on their 3550H/3750H specifications page.

amd also lists support for only up to..lets say 2933 for a 2700x. and? ill copy my recent post from some youtube discussion:
1. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12323454
clocked@2666. micron
im unable to show my results sadly, i kept hyperx 2400 14-14-14, but that is my laptop, hp 17-ca0xx
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16485511
2666 on the acer a315-41. kingston.
2. crucial site said ballistix 2666 is fine for this particular laptop. a year ago, now these modules are eol i think.
3. i saw preinstalled  2666 modules on both acer and hp, mine current laptop had a samsung module.
4. at least FOUR different memory vendors with 2666 on ryzen.
my conclusion is-its about oem's bioses, not abot cpu itself.

UK_Dave

Does anyone know the maximum size M.2 SSD this laptop can use?

For example could I install a 1TB M.2 SSD?

Thanks, David.

Duncan

Great article as usual. However, STAY AWAY FRON THIS LAPTOP! Good performance, but it has several long term issues. It runs hot, have replaced thermal paste twice. It has major flaws, half my screen is black. Nothing I can do about it. This machine has been on a desktop 24/7 so no drops. Warranty ran out shortly prior to this huge issue. Quite a few people are experiencing it.

The machine also has a habit of micro stuttering. I've reinstalled the OS, changed ram, different drivers... It's just a mess.

So I'd you plan on buying this new or used, stay away.

Hyuman

Quote from: Duncan on May 23, 2023, 11:43:28Great article as usual. However, STAY AWAY FRON THIS LAPTOP! Good performance, but it has several long term issues. It runs hot, have replaced thermal paste twice. It has major flaws, half my screen is black. Nothing I can do about it. This machine has been on a desktop 24/7 so no drops. Warranty ran out shortly prior to this huge issue. Quite a few people are experiencing it.

The machine also has a habit of micro stuttering. I've reinstalled the OS, changed ram, different drivers... It's just a mess.

So I'd you plan on buying this new or used, stay away.
agree! but also avoid rtx 3050 laaptops in 2024 :)
so hard to choose a good one with good cooling which can be pushed to its limits!
even asus's amd rog ae advantage laptop has heating issues unless played around with pastes and cpu waattage!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview