News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The ThinkPad T495s is in review: Battery runtime and performance are good, but the fan is annoying

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2019, 01:06:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad T495s with the Ryzen 7 Pro 3700U has finally arrived. We have first test results and compare them with the Intel counterpart ThinkPad T490s. Is the slim ThinkPad with the AMD SoC the better choice?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-ThinkPad-T495s-is-in-review-Battery-runtime-and-performance-are-good-but-the-fan-is-annoying.426908.0.html

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sadly, Lenovo seems to have disabled the option to configure the T480s on their website.  They're only selling pre-configured units without dedicated graphics, so the option for mx150 is no longer available.  Say goodbye to i5 with 700 points Cinebench under sustained load.

escuimein

mgsv

Could y'all adjust the STAPM for both the T495 and T495s using something like RyzenAdj or RyzenController and then run the CB loop? Since we have what the E495 is capable, it would be interesting to note the results here, more so in the case of the T495 with it's dual heatpipe setup.

mekpro

Thanks for the preview update.
I wonder The RAM here is dual or single channel, and how much this affect graphic performance.

johnmoocs

Looking forward to a full review of T495s and X395.

Can't decide between these two machines.  ::)

lliamander

You initial benchmark results from the E495 show better sustained performance than any of the new T-series laptops.  Is this a fluke?  A driver issue?  Or is it something related to the thermal design?

I noticed that the E-series vent out of the bottom, whereas the T-series vent out the right side.  Is that perhaps the cause?

Computar

Hans Castorp

Yes. I'm also waiting for this review.

It would also be interesting to get a sense of Intel vs AMD in this segment of the market (ultraslim premium notebooks).

I'm waiting for a review on this site to choose between T490S vs T495S.

Keep up the good work.

Warder105

Please review soon. I can't decide between the x395 and t495s. I nearly bought the e495 as a cheaper safe bet, especially since your last updateat it was running faster that the t495(non-s). Eagerly waiting.

su

max2d

so glad that lenovo has finally put a AMD option in their thinkpad line! Intel has gone to s*** recently.

btw is there going to be a full review soon? I want to make sure there aren't any huge issues before I make the purchase.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview