News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

US Xperia 1 pre-orders go live June 18, includes WH-1000XM3 cans worth US$350 at no extra cost

Started by Redaktion, June 27, 2019, 12:07:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has announced that its eagerly anticipated Xperia 1 will go up for pre-order in the US tomorrow. As a bonus for pre-order customers, the company will also bundle its excellent WH-1000XM3 wireless noise-cancelling headphones with the phone making for a very appealing deal.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/US-Xperia-1-pre-orders-go-live-June-18-includes-WH-1000XM3-cans-worth-US-350-at-no-extra-cost.426494.0.html

S.Yu

WH-1000XM3...look past the MRSP and the useless warranties (Really, how much more are you willing to spend betting that your new device will break down in under a year? That's under 10% for me and it's paid off.) and they're rather available for around $200, so ultimately Xperia 1 would still be competing with the likes of S10+.

Sanjiv Sathiah

Having just switched to the Xperia 1 from the Galaxy S10+ I can say the Sony is the far better device. Near stock Android smashes One UI and the cameras are just as good. The display on Xperia 1 is better, especially as there is no hole or notch in it, and its resolution and color reproduction are like nothing else on the market. Having the cans added to the equation is icing on the cake.

S.Yu

Quote from: Sanjiv Sathiah on June 28, 2019, 02:14:14
Having just switched to the Xperia 1 from the Galaxy S10+ I can say the Sony is the far better device. Near stock Android smashes One UI and the cameras are just as good. The display on Xperia 1 is better, especially as there is no hole or notch in it, and its resolution and color reproduction are like nothing else on the market. Having the cans added to the equation is icing on the cake.
Hmmm, I have nothing against One UI except for a few minor bugs, OTOH my last Sony ran hot and many subsequent generations of Xperias have been known to run hot (until I lost track). I won't believe a conventional LED can surpass a same generation OLED until I can somehow confirm, and from samples from DPR and GSMA I'm sure that the Xperia 1 has inferior cameras than the S10+ (strange characteristic fuzziness that's plagued Xperias for at least 3 generations), it's only generally on par in terms of DR. The S10+ has speakers that match or surpass the iPXSM which I seriously doubt if the Xperia 1 could match, the S10+ also retains the 3.5mm jack which is a significant advantage. Also the battery size is laughable for a device of Xperia 1's size and I find the aspect ratio impractical.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview