News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

X1 Carbon Gen 7 & X1 Yoga Gen 4: New 2019 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 laptops are now available

Started by Redaktion, June 26, 2019, 19:57:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Back in January, Lenovo announced their newest generation of high end ThinkPad X1 laptops for a summer release. As promised back then, the ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2019 and the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2019 are now available.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/X1-Carbon-Gen-7-X1-Yoga-Gen-4-New-2019-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-laptops-are-now-available.426471.0.html

jeremy

Quote from: Stirling on June 26, 2019, 21:01:33
What about the X1 Extreme gen 2?

The P1 Gen 2 is slated for the end of the month (coming up soon). Last time around, the P1 launched ahead of the X1E, though anything could happen.

UpgradeSoon

X1 Yoga: the promised WWAN not available in UK. Configurator advises to choose Gen 3 which suggests it's not forthcoming.

hello

Quote from: ED on June 27, 2019, 05:07:47
The cap at 16GB RAM is likely due to planned obsolescence.
It's due to CPU limitation.  It's a tradeoff between LPDDR3 and DDR4.

Dmitry

This is really, really bad. Main: the performance of the Cabon x1 7th generation with Intel i5 processor 8265u is 30% less compared to the Cabon x1 6th generation. Settings do not help. In my tests intel i7 8650u gains 9200 points, i5 8250u – only 5600 points, after 5 seconds is reduced to 4200 points, the frequency is reduced to 1800 MHz. This is a common test of the archiver. Opening the screen at an angle of 140 degrees – the display cover rubs against the table, the paint is erased from the end. Keyboard – became much worse, the course is reduced, the smoothness of pressing disappeared. No different from the faceless Dell XPS keyboard. The appearance of the keyboard is a copy of dell XPS. This is unacceptable – the elegance of thinkpad is lost. The holes for the speakers much collect dust.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview