News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

So much better than before: Razer Blade Pro 17 Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2019, 18:08:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It may have took Razer a few tries, but they've finally crafted a nearly perfect Blade laptop and one of the best gaming laptops for its size category. This latest Blade Pro iteration drops the inessential features of previous generations for a lighter, smaller, more efficient, and more streamlined gaming experience that everyone — and not just Razer fans — can appreciate.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/So-much-better-than-before-Razer-Blade-Pro-17-Laptop-Review.424150.0.html

LWT

Excellent review. And thank you for including benchmarks and fan noise under balanced mode.

You've simplified my purchase greatly.

t4u

I genuinely think that any laptop review should include Reliability section where all potential long-run issues would be addressed. Especially considering Razer's reputation of being sexy looking on the paper and in the reviews but highly unreliable in practical use.

johnq

Quote from: t4u on June 21, 2019, 23:40:17
I genuinely think that any laptop review should include Reliability section where all potential long-run issues would be addressed. Especially considering Razer's reputation of being sexy looking on the paper and in the reviews but highly unreliable in practical use.

They cannot do that. 1st Reviewers do not hold the device for a long time. 2nd: Even if they did, it would only be 1 device.

'Reliability' can be researched only in online forums where different people report their experience.

No brand is risk-free, some razor models had unreliability issues in the past, but before making assumptions we should check how new models are behaving.

S.Yu

Yup, nothing to justify the 17" version...except for the slightly larger screen, in general.

LL

anon

Does this laptop support being charged by either type-C port? I'm not sure that "Thunderbolt 3" implies that particular capability, so I have to ask.

This is my favorite feature on my blade stealth (charge from left or right side using a standard charger), so I hope it has translated up to the larger laptops.

InternetUser

While I'm pleased to see a refreshed 17" model, anyone else tempted to jump on the savings and get last years model at $1400?? 

another anon

Quote from: anon on June 23, 2019, 04:16:25
Does this laptop support being charged by either type-C port?
Even if it does, laptop itself consumes twice as much than port may provide.

anon

Quote from: another anon on June 24, 2019, 05:01:52
Quote from: anon on June 23, 2019, 04:16:25
Does this laptop support being charged by either type-C port?
Even if it does, laptop itself consumes twice as much than port may provide.

I believe you are referring to the "Load Maximum" measurement from the review. I counter that a 100W type-C charger provides more than "Load Average," and that most laptops will spend >90% of their time closer to "Idle Average."

The Razer Blade Stealth was similarly criticized because it can use more power than its provided 65W charger supplies, leading to battery drain. In my case, this is not a problem because I do not keep my laptop under load for many hours (also, larger, bulkier 3rd party chargers eliminate the problem).

So, I am glad that Razer has ignored critics and provided such a useful feature.

Vince

I'd add no numerics dedicated keys to the drawbacks and on a 17inch laptop that's a huge one !
Even dell fitted them on the m15 !

MrM

Best all round  laptop, with supreme quality as we expected from razer. They managed again to make it uniquely without any bigger weaknesses.

For the numpad guys, buy an usb numpad for 10$ and stop cryin pls.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview