News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft now offers a cheaper 15-inch Surface Book 2, but buying one doesn't make sense

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2019, 00:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft is now selling a cheaper version of the Surface Book 2 15. The new model swaps the Core i7 CPU for a Core i5 and drops the dedicated GTX 1060 GPU. However, at $2000, the Core i5 Surface Book 2 15 is hardly a bargain considering the Core i7/GTX 1060 model is a mere $200 more.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-now-offers-a-cheaper-15-inch-Surface-Book-2-but-buying-one-doesn-t-make-sense.424840.0.html

Digitalguy

I don't care about the GPU, but I would love that 3.2 15in screen. You cannot compare this to a 13.3 or 15.6 laptop. The screen ratio and size is unique. But I would not buy it at $2000. Maybe at 1300-500, definitely at $1000....

Dan Ridenhour

I want their 13.5" and 15" screens in the Surface Pro form factor.    Also... make a dang book cover for the 12.3", 13.5" and 15" versions of the surface pro X.  When using the device for consumption the keyboard cover is worse than useless.... let me have the choice of a simple book cover.

Also replace the power/dock connector with USB-C w/Thunderbolt 3.

And keep the 12.3" i5 version fanless.

Then I'll buy the hell out of their product line.

This 'new model' cuts to much for too little price advantage.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview