News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aorus 15-SA (Core i7-9750H, GTX 1660 Ti, 144 Hz FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 17, 2019, 19:23:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Gigabyte Aorus 15-SA handles all modern triple-A games with ease thanks to its Core i7-9750H processor, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU and 16 GB RAM. Gigabyte complements this with a 512 GB NVMe SSD and a 15.6-inch 144 Hz IPS panel. However, the latter has low maximum brightness, while the 15-SA suffers from poor battery life and lacks ports like Thunderbolt 3.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aorus-15-SA-Core-i7-9750H-GTX-1660-Ti-144-Hz-FHD-Laptop-Review.424559.0.html

em3

Quote from: william blake on June 18, 2019, 13:53:15
its impossible to find a good gaming laptop. no chance.

This generation is cursed, unless you spend 4k euro and that's obviously not a good deal for the performance you get

william blake

Quote from: em3 on June 18, 2019, 15:42:46
This generation is cursed, unless you spend 4k euro and that's obviously not a good deal for the performance you get

i blame media.
an example. 16/9 on 12-14 inches. its bad. they just take an extra 1/4 of the screen away from the consumer. on the smaller diagonals some height is much needed.
media is quite powerful now. but instead of "look at this stupid big plastic..band on the bottom. what is that a joke? wheres my screen? can i give you some extra dollars for the full screen? no? so maybe this product is a total garbage guys",
they are talking about webcams or thunderbolts.
regarding gaming. what i mean is:
give me
1. a silent enough. for the health of people around me. they cant stand a leaf bowler.
2. a big bright colorful 120+hz no low pwm screen. for the health of my eyes and a good visual expirience.
3. a good looking for the adult. no shitty curves, names, colors, logos. for the sake of humanity.
until these 3 points are not fulfilled, dont even talk to me about how thin this thing is and what is the gtx number.
its not difficult. look at the phone market. those guys do they job well. meanwhile there are 9yo screen and 10yo wifi on my 1/2yo laptop. this crap is impossible in phones.

ANDRESZT

Gigabyte oficial webpage states that it supports Nvidia Optimus technology

Did they actually updated the laptops to include Optimus or is it a despicable lie?

70UNIKITTY

Removing Optimus can actually boost FPS to up to 50% in some games (that is basically the level of an RTX 2070 with Optimus), because having the display connected to the dGPU removes the FPS bottleneck associated with Optimus (the display connected to the iGPU). So I don't see why the reviewer sees this as an entirely bad thing...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview