News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD P2 Max to offer 1 TB SSD variant of its soon-to-be crowdfunded "world's smallest Ultrabook" that will take on the XPS 13 and Surface Pro 6

Started by Redaktion, June 14, 2019, 23:51:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It appears GPD has gone into marketing overdrive in preparation for its crowdfunding campaign for the GPD P2 Max pocket-sized laptop. The Chinese manufacturer is now calling the P2 Max the "world's smallest Ultrabook" and is comparing it favorably with some of the industry's major players. The company has also announced there will be a third variant that will come with a 1 TB SSD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-P2-Max-to-offer-1-TB-SSD-variant-of-its-soon-to-be-crowdfunded-world-s-smallest-Ultrabook-that-will-take-on-the-XPS-13-and-Surface-Pro-6.423981.0.html

anon

Krelat

Try actually attempting to use a MacBook 12 for anything. Even when I'm trying really hard to stick to word processing and web browsing, I get ideas on the go and want to open up a video editor, run a compile, or so on. At those times, I'd have loved to hear a fan kick in. It doesn't matter that the thing has a 12-hour battery, if the quality of use is low. Sometimes I want endurance, but sometimes I want 3 hours of "power user" activities. Why not have a choice?

Heck, I regularly look up ways to overclock machines that aren't designed for it. I overclock my phones, too. I know it decreases their lifespans, but if we're all (a lot of us, anyway) going to buy a new model in a year or two anyway, who cares? It's worth it if you get to live a fuller life and do more things. Life's too short to mess around with babying a few PCBs and some glass.

It's said that "The best camera is the one you have with you." Well, the best computer is the one you have with you, too. But all the better if it can actually do something. GPD makes stuff for crazy people like me who want it all, people who want to know the answer to the question "Has technology advanced enough for me to have even 10% of a full desktop experience on the go?"

Computer users have gotten crotchety in recent years. Gone are the crazy laptops with two unfolding screens that were all the rage around 2011, for example. Now there are specific prescribed ways of doing things, and people complain when a manufacturer deviates from the norm. Reviewers pan products simply for being different. Verge/Engadget/Gizmodo's "<X Product> is creative, unique, and you shouldn't buy it." clickbait articles come to mind.

Forget that comfort-blanket nonsense where everything has to be the same. We shouldn't claim that technology already uses the most correct designs until we've experimented with it a lot more as a society. Welcome creativity! Welcome chaos! Embrace making a mess! Before the last few years happened, that used to be what tech was all about. A company that encourages thinking about technology as an experimental playground is doing good things.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview