News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Edge will hit Linux sooner or later

Started by Redaktion, June 14, 2019, 11:36:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Once considered something impossible, Microsoft Edge's availability for Linux is now in sight. According to the developer team behind it, Microsoft's browser is not ready for Linux yet, but there is no technical difficulty that can keep this piece of code away from the Unix-based open source operating system.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Edge-will-hit-Linux-sooner-or-later.423940.0.html

ondulino

I'm a full time Linux user (and avid reader of notebookcheck.net).
Am I eager? Not really.
May I give it a try? Potentially.
In my view the point is: is Edge going to offer something more for me compared to other web browsers that are already well integrated with Linux?
I'm in academia and 99.9% of my colleagues work with MS Office. This would be something to be eager for, in my personal view.
P.S. I take the chance to thank you guys for all the great reviews and articles!

Codrut Nistor

First of all, thank you for your appreciation and kind words. Second, some older Windows tests have shown that Edge is very good for preserving battery life on laptops. If they manage to make it power-conscious on Linux as well, this alone could be a very good reason to take it for a spin — if not switch to it for good.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview