News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Ice Lake-U promises up to 16 percent better FPS in Overwatch than the AMD Ryzen 7 3700U

Started by Redaktion, June 11, 2019, 00:48:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Gen11 GPU is also expected to outperform the Radeon RX Vega 10 by 4 percent and 11 percent in Rocket League and World of Tanks, respectively. Since Ice Lake-U laptops have yet to launch, however, AMD still has the chance to update its drivers to try and close the narrow performance gap.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Ice-Lake-U-promises-up-to-16-percent-better-FPS-in-Overwatch-than-the-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700U.423720.0.html

fdsofldmos

My my, how the tables have turned.
A few years ago, AMD was using the graphics argument against Intel, since on the CPU side, it couldn't hold a candle. Now, Intel is doing it since Ice Lake is so low clocked.

Cristian

funny thing is that they benchmarked it with LPDDR4x at 3866 MHZ if i am not mistaken, while Ryzen with DDR4 2400. Yet another fail by intel... My guess is Ryzen will be around 30% ahead with improved memory support. It's a matter of time, all the great empires have fallen, I would say the time for intel has pretty much ran out  ;)

Cristian

Quote from: fdsofldmos on June 11, 2019, 08:59:25
My my, how the tables have turned.
A few years ago, AMD was using the graphics argument against Intel, since on the CPU side, it couldn't hold a candle. Now, Intel is doing it since Ice Lake is so low clocked.

oh, let's not forget one thing: ryzen mobile is 12nm, while intel us 10nm. I dont see this benchmark as a win

Opelit

BTW guys remember that the low power memory intel using have 29.8gbit/s bandwidth while normal dram 2400mhz dual have ~38gbit/s.. So it's amd with advantage.

Cristian

Quote from: Opelit on June 11, 2019, 09:53:00
BTW guys remember that the low power memory intel using have 29.8gbit/s bandwidth while normal dram 2400mhz dual have ~38gbit/s.. So it's amd with advantage.

LPDDR4 had 29.8 Gb/s, LPDDR4X has 34.1 Gb/s. However, the specs i found for LPDDR4X did not mention the memory speeds. Since the performance bottleneck of Vega iGPU is the memory frequency, I do not see how would this be in AMD advantage.

I would be really interested to see and AMD APU with LPDDR4X 3866 MHz. I wonder why intel would benchmark it with a different type of memory if it would offer inferior performance, since most of the pre-release benchmarks are done in the best-case scenario. Would you intentionally sabotage your product lunch and benchmark it with an inferior memory?

Razer sharp blade V8

good thing they'd didn't even try bringing up the Fortnite/PUBG/CS:GO argument :D that'd be completely suicidal of Intel's

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview