News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nexus 6P compensation goes live

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2019, 17:39:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Did you buy a Nexus 6P in the US between September 25, 2015, and May 3, 2019? If so, then you can now file a class action compensation claim against Google and Huawei for up to US$400. Your Nexus 6P does not need to be stuck in a bootloop or have experienced high battery drain for you to be eligible for a claim either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nexus-6P-compensation-goes-live.423651.0.html

Henye Perez

I had the boot loop issue with my 6P and it was replaced under warranty with another 6P. Would this still be eligible for a claim?

Leroi

The sad part is when we complained they did nothing, they made it hard to even get a replacement.. that didn't have a easy way to send claims until now, and they know damn well 80% of those batteries were bad.. so why not give everyone's money back that bought a 6p from the Google store? Because they don't even care mine got hot 106F died at 19% and was out of warranty and I bought it from the Google store December 7th after the release.. I have a Pixel 2 and I'm getting a Pixel 4 this summer.. I'm documenting everything.

Alex Alderson

Quote from: Henye Perez on June 10, 2019, 01:18:21
I had the boot loop issue with my 6P and it was replaced under warranty with another 6P. Would this still be eligible for a claim?

According the KCC, you must be able to submit documentation proving that your original 6P suffered from bootlooping.

CHRISTIE L RAMSEY

Please clarify something for me. how do I provide evidence? When the phone first started having problems and I contacted Google, they told me I had to contact Huawei. I was told the phone had to be shipped all the way to China and there were no loaners available and I could anticipate being without my phone for approximately six weeks. At that point I chose not to pursue it any further and I simply decided to put up with the problems of the phone, which at the time were only a cracked glass (another 6P issue)and battery drain. The bootloop issue started six months ago, and I had no idea others had the problem. I now have a Pixel, but would pursue the compensation. So-any advice on a way to submit proof of these problems?

Alex Alderson

Quote from: CHRISTIE L RAMSEY on June 11, 2019, 02:06:56
Please clarify something for me. how do I provide evidence? When the phone first started having problems and I contacted Google, they told me I had to contact Huawei. I was told the phone had to be shipped all the way to China and there were no loaners available and I could anticipate being without my phone for approximately six weeks. At that point I chose not to pursue it any further and I simply decided to put up with the problems of the phone, which at the time were only a cracked glass (another 6P issue)and battery drain. The bootloop issue started six months ago, and I had no idea others had the problem. I now have a Pixel, but would pursue the compensation. So-any advice on a way to submit proof of these problems?

Providing email correspondence about your initial contact for a repair would be a good start if you have any.

Likewise, it may be possible to send a video of your 6P bootlooping, or a link to where you have uploaded a video of the issue online.

MJ Mulenga III

Alex Alderson

Quote from: MJ Mulenga III on June 11, 2019, 15:41:38
Does this apply if I bought it second hand?

KCC does not specifically state that second hand sales are eligible for compensation. It does not exclude them either, so it may be worth a shot if you can provide proof of purchase.

Flying Piano

Hey guys. I just submitted my claim that I had a battery drain, with no evidence. Since yesterday, my phone's turning off at 20% and at 15%, this is a bootloop issue. Is it possible for me to go and submit another claim that I'm having a bootloop issue? Or will my form which of course has a same name, will get disqualified? I'm shocked that it didn't happen all the time and now just all of a sudden! Please help.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview