News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 shown to post 6.3% higher FPS than an Intel Core i7-8700 in PUBG

Started by Redaktion, June 04, 2019, 08:17:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An AMD Ryzen 5 3600 was shown to beat the Intel Core i7-8700 in a leaked PUBG benchmark over at the Chiphell forum. The Ryzen 5 3600 was shown to average about 6.3% higher than the 8700 when both of them were paired with DDR4-3000 RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. The larger cache size on Ryzen could work well for gamers, but further data and testing are needed for an absolute conclusion.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-shown-to-post-6-3-higher-FPS-than-an-Intel-Core-i7-8700-in-PUBG.422774.0.html

Ivo Tomov

As I am about to purchase a gaming laptop later this year this is really interesting to me. I wonder if the mobile versions of these Ryzen 3000 chips will be able to beat Intel. What do you guys reckon?

Matthewpl

No, mobile Ryzen 3000 are just Zen+ (same as Ryzen 2000) processors in 12nm. For proper mobile Zen2 (or maybe 3? Who knows) you need to wait for mobile Ryzen 4000.

Razer sharp blade V7

Bye bye Shintel :P  It should've been understandable that when Zen masters the Fortshyte & PUBGerty number-crunching skill, it'll finally be a 100% real concern for Intlel.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Ivo Tomov on June 04, 2019, 08:33:51
As I am about to purchase a gaming laptop later this year this is really interesting to me. I wonder if the mobile versions of these Ryzen 3000 chips will be able to beat Intel. What do you guys reckon?

Nope. Ryzen laptop 3000 series is still using Zen+ 12nm, not Zen 2

Superguy

Nice to see a new generation of fanbois starting up AMD/Intel flame wars from 20 years ago again. :rolleyes:

Competition is good but remember - it's just a processor made by a company that doesn't love you back. Buying a certain chip or product will not make your epeen bigger.

Like it. Enjoy it but for heaven's sake don't fight or crusade over it. It's not worth it.

Dustin

AMD's K6 processors is really when they fell behind. The huge cache sizes of the Athlon processors kicked the Pentium 4 around.

And for mobile, only the APU sku's are Zen+.

wally

charles j mather

JCourt

The games Performance is more or less dependant on the GPU, Amount of players, where the player is, or what the game is currently rendering. Although I am happy that AMD is making good cpu's.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview