News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MacBook Pro: Battery dramatically explodes, damaging owner's house

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2019, 23:27:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Twitter user has shared a video and information about his MacBook Pro, which caught exploded during normal use. The video shows the laptop emitting copious amounts of smoke, with the battery having caught fire. The device has been brought to Apple, which needs five days to diagnose the problem.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MacBook-Pro-Battery-dramatically-explodes-damaging-owner-s-house.422840.0.html

John IL

I am sure Apple will say you were just charging it wrong. No doubt will send a lot of time trying to blame a aftermarket charger or battery or possibly owner abuse. I had a cheap Lenovo that did the same thing, started sizzling while charging, by the time I made it to garage and threw it on floor it burst into a big flash fire and melted the notebook. Nothing left of it, out of warranty and Lenovo wasn't interested in even examining the notebook. I'm more careful now where I place my notebooks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview