News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's Iris Plus Graphics in Dell XPS 13 7390's Ice Lake i7-1065 G7 amasses huge OpenCL score on Geekbench; can compete with dGPUs

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2019, 09:57:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Geekbench OpenCL benchmark score for Intel's Iris Plus Graphics has been unearthed, and it seems the Ice Lake variant of the iGPU has performed very well. The system in the test was a Dell XPS 13 convertible powered by a 10th Gen i7-1065 G7 processor. The recorded OpenCL score ended up being 61,949 points.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-Iris-Plus-Graphics-in-Dell-XPS-13-7390-s-Ice-Lake-i7-1065-G7-amasses-huge-OpenCL-score-on-Geekbench-can-compete-with-dGPUs.422772.0.html

S.Yu

Of course Intel's not in a position to differentiate between professional and gaming users, and OpenCL should cost very little to support so...

Fredrik

Very promising information.
A small caution, although after my experience with the thinkpad W541 using hd4600 integrated card and its Nvidia K2100M card having almost the same openCL score.

The K2100M had no problem playing the DX11 version of Pinball arcade while the hd4600 could not not. SO despite a hiigh openCL value the actual gaming performance might still be far off.

But 60000 openCL puts it into GTX 770 and M2200 Nvidia territory.

Sid

I personally prefer Intel iGPU solution - reason being that I don't have to deal with the nightmare Nvidia Linux drivers are.
This is certainly promising - I can use Linux without any problem. And on the rare occasion I have to use Windows/Adobe CC - this should work like charm.

MOFO

Comparing a nuc to a laptop is just stupid.
Yawn all you want and try doing some work on the road with your nuc....what a moron.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview