News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Why is it called the XPS 15 7590 and not the XPS 15 9580? Dell explains

Started by Redaktion, May 28, 2019, 09:01:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell is throwing a curve ball this year to how it is naming its 2019 XPS 15. To the average consumer, however, the change may be a little confusing. The new 7xxx series will directly succeed the older 9xxx series even though the first digit is lower in order to align the XPS series with the 7xxx Inspiron, Vostro, Latitude, and Precision families.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Why-is-it-called-the-XPS-15-7590-and-not-the-XPS-15-9580-Dell-explains.422276.0.html

Esenthel

Don't trust Dell, I was one of the unfortunates to buy Dell XPS 9570 - the display is oversaturated, and there's no way to change that. Intel Graphics Driver doesn't even start. When you contact Intel for support they redirect you to Dell, when you contact Dell, they redirect you to Intel. All this talk about color accuracy sRGB, DCI-P3 is complete nonsense when you can't even control the colors.

Kelemvor

We jsut noticed the new model yesterday and had the same WTF response to the number.  Do we know if the 93xx XPS13s will also get renamed to 73XX when their new model comes out?  It's going to be stupid to have 93xx's and 75xx's when they're two sizes of the same basic laptop.

iTech

I was really interested in the reason for the name change, but it make no sense. I will be holding out for the 2020 XPS, the changes introduced in this year's model does not warrant the upgrade from my G5 5587. I have looked at other systems but dell XPS seems to offer better price per performance compared to the HP Elitebook 1050 G1 and Lenovo Carbon Extreme. I lokked at the zenbook pro, it just does not do it for me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview