News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED redesign solves the biggest issue we had with the original Aero 15 Classic

Started by Redaktion, May 28, 2019, 06:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new look is not just sharper and sleeker, but also cooler with a special focus on improved ventilation and display quality. Expect both white and black color options at launch.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aero-15-OLED-redesign-solves-the-biggest-issue-we-had-with-the-original-Aero-15-Classic.422373.0.html

LHPSU

The new screen hinge also looks much less solid than the old one, which would take away its greatest strength. And I want a 2060 without being stuck with the 4K AMOLED.

pablow

i cant believe they still won't fix the horrible camera placement. i won't pay +2000 USD for a flawed design sorry

ophedian

It is hard to tell from the images... Is that color Beige or Silver on the Aero 15 OLED?  Also, are they planning on offering that color or just the standard black edition?

S.Yu

If only the design were a bit more minimalist...I actually prefer the full keyboard as opposed to Blade 15's half-keyboard but the design of the Blade clearly wins out.

denshaSai

In computex, they actually compared aero 15 placed in a 0 Celsius controlled container, against another aero 15 in room temperature, fire strike ran 17062 and 16917 respectively.
This suggest thermal is controlled near optimal condition of 0 Celsius.

DanielH

I would really love this notebook and I would exchange my 2018 Aero 15W to a new one with RTX2060 or 1660Ti, but I think Gigabyte has not improved other critical points:
- The keyboard backlight is always on or always off or you can select some catchy but totally useless behaviours. Question comes, why no function like on normal business models, meaning that the light automatically fades away after a couple of seconds when no keyboard stroke was detected? Another question is why the num lock and caps lock could not have any feedback light if every single key's RGB can be controlled. Was it such a hard task?
- Status LEDs were put into the front groove of the 2018 Aero, thus the user was not able to see the status if the laptop was hold in a normal position or on a desk. However, when you watch movie in bed then those LEDs blind you... Actually I like status LEDs, but please put them into a good position with minimum luminosity.
- More on lights: the big logo on the top is constantly on with a high brightness. Again it is very irritating in the late evening hours. At least the light could change with the backlight of the display, although I would prefer an option to turn it off, that would look really professional.
- And again lights: As I can see on the pictures, the new Aero has a small logo between the cooler grids at the back and it is illuminated by LEDs. I hope it can be turned off and it does no flashing or color changing or other "gamer" RGB feature.
- My last thought is about the reliability: I have only one issue with my Aero and this is the issue with BIOS and power states. In my event log an error pops up frequently stating that the communication with the BIOS/System Firmware is not OK. I assume this problem is in connection with the random Blue Screen that I experience rarely if I use Gigabyte's energy saver power profile.

And to say something positive about the notebook: I love the display - the colors are fantastic - the size, the materials, the keyboard, the assembling quality, the battery life, the performance and the variety of connectors. It is all in all a great device with some annoying features/bugs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview