News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

We are all sick: Gaming addiction is now recognized as a disease

Started by Redaktion, May 27, 2019, 14:48:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Video game addition was defined by the World Health Organisation as a disorder in late 2017, and now it has been finally recognized as a disease that will be placed in line with gambling addition starting in 2022. However, it will take at least a few more years until this definition will start to have effects in real life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/We-are-all-sick-Gaming-addiction-is-now-recognized-as-a-disease.422311.0.html

M2018

Exactly! Lot of sick people, but first of all those, who believe in this BS! Why?
Because if you are "sick", they can treat you =  money! :)))

Codrut Nistor

There is a line between being an avid video gaming fan and addicted to it. In my opinion, the WHO simply draws the line between them.

M2018

OK, I know exactly, what do you mean.
Rather, I alluded to the fact, that after pain we have another "disease". This way, sooner or later, a broken leg will be disease as well :)

vik1ng_w0w

I remember when I was much younger and got introduced to Counter-Strike I was addicted to it. The fact that I was better than my fellow players didn't help matters either and just fueled my competitive spirit further. I gave time to other important things less and less and when I did really bad in a test and my mom (thankfully!) really gave me an eye-opener I was able to control myself. I still play CSGO to this day with friends and enjoy it. But it is a lot less than what I used to.

It's not a joke people. Anything can be an addiction and really should be kept in moderation. That doesn't mean stop doing what you enjoy but do make sure your life is in good order! :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview