News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo and Qualcomm team up for 'Project Limitless', the first 5G laptop powered by the Snapdragon 8cx

Started by Redaktion, May 27, 2019, 09:00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo and Qualcomm have announced 'Project Limitless', a collaborative effort to build 'Always On, Always Connected PCs' based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx 5G Compute Platform. Lenovo and Qualcomm demonstrated a near-final version of a laptop based on the Snapdragon 8cx that also bundles in the Snapdragon X55 5G modem. The first such notebooks are expected to be available sometime in early 2020.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-and-Qualcomm-team-up-for-Project-Limitless-the-first-5G-laptop-powered-by-the-Snapdragon-8cx.421568.0.html

Call me crazy but the performance and efficiency just isn't there yet.

For half the price, Intel Core i3 is still far ahead of SD8cx in single-core x64 performance which is all that really matters. I'm willing to bet bet i3 will even get better battery life on an everyday scenario.

Then there is the matter of I/O and serviceability on an ARM device. Everything soldered down with one USB-C port isn't too impressive.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview