News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

That awkward moment when a Core i7-8750H laptop can outperform a Core i7-9750H laptop

Started by Redaktion, May 22, 2019, 19:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After testing 5 different laptops with the Core i7-9750H, multi-thread processor performance is essentially identical to the last generation Core i7-8750H. Some older laptops with the i7-8750H like the Alienware m15 can still perform faster than the newer and pricier i7-9750H.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/That-awkward-moment-when-a-Core-i7-8750H-laptop-can-outperform-a-Core-i7-9750H-laptop.421361.0.html

Rinnnn

Wow. in addition to that, laptops with the i7 9750h are considerably more expensive than laptops with 8750h. Intel just milking their cpus

splus

I get 1245 in multi core test in CB R15 on my XPS 15 with i7 8750H.
That really sucks i7 9750H performs so bad.

Seriously, what's preventing Intel to make progress over the last several years?? They're totally stuck on 14nm with their CPUs for years already! Everyone else has been making progress.

J L OLIVIER

Yes but the 9750 comes with Intel 630 instead of 620 which makes it more attractive with Optimus switching.

Wilson74

Razer blade intentionally power throttle their CPU, so those comparison is not really valid. Take a look on razer blade 8th gen CPU, their performance is considerably lower than competitions.

Y530

The 8750h comes with 630 as well.
Sure to the small updates between gen 8 and 9, it largely depends on the implementation and the cooling solution. You have to consider the PL1 and PL1 power limits defined by the laptop manufacturer as well as the cooling unit .
For example, Lenovo is a bit on the "aggressive" side with the PL1 (60W) and PL2 (90W) power limits. Coupled with a good cooling solution, the CPU is able to attain higher frequencies for longer periods of time, thus deliver more performance.

LyntonB

Important point though I've seen so far that it runs ~5degrees cooler. this is significant as the 8750h ran too hot..

Charles

None of you understand that it's been going on for years now. There's a physical limitation to how many transistors we can put together on a surface and we're reaching it. There's nothing to be scared about, though, this is going to be a thing for only a few years since they're developing new technologies and cpus not based on the Von Neeumann's machine

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview