News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HongMeng OS: This is the name of Huawei's Android replacement

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2019, 21:15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Given the trouble that Huawei has been having lately, it is not surprising to find out that the Chinese giant is already working on a Google Android replacement. Media reports confirm that HongMeng OS is in the trial phase already and if the Android ban stays in place, this will become the firmware of choice for new Huawei handsets.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HongMeng-OS-This-is-the-name-of-Huawei-s-Android-replacement.421203.0.html

S.Yu

I don't take a company like Huawei for their word but with the Party silencing any source with negative information about Huawei there's nothing else to go on right now.

IodFlo

Probably better this way. The west fundamentally differs from China in culture and values. I don't see a way to reconcile this.

Codrut Nistor

There has to be a way to reconcile this. The world must be open and strive for a better future, not go all North Korea-style paranoid...

Roho

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on May 21, 2019, 17:40:51
There has to be a way to reconcile this. The world must be open and strive for a better future, not go all North Korea-style paranoid...

Only countries with high neuroticism seems to go that route.  That personality trait is high in East Asians and low in the west.  Personality is largely genetic, so I would not worry about the entire world.

S.Yu

Quote from: Roho on May 22, 2019, 03:17:40

Only countries with high neuroticism seems to go that route.  That personality trait is high in East Asians and low in the west.  Personality is largely genetic, so I would not worry about the entire world.
Last time I checked personality was about half genetic, and how would you explain Cuba?

Codrut Nistor

Let's not forget about the "We don't need EU and foreign corporations" movement in Eastern Europe and Poland...

Roho

Quote from: S.Yu on May 22, 2019, 09:35:55
Quote from: Roho on May 22, 2019, 03:17:40

Last time I checked personality was about half genetic, and how would you explain Cuba?

Apparently genetics is the single largest determinant in personality.  Also apparently climatic stress is related to genetic expression, see Fischer et al. 2018 in Nature, so maybe Cuba is a case of that.

I am not saying the whole link is solved but there is enough evidence to suggest this being the case most of the time, there are outliers in any statistically-determined genetic expression. Everyday this link is getting better clarified.

Roho

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on May 22, 2019, 09:58:37
Let's not forget about the "We don't need EU and foreign corporations" movement in Eastern Europe and Poland...

Our style of globalization has been largely commercial. EU is a good example of that and so is NAFTA and whatever trade there is in the world today. This style of globalization has pros and cons. To Eastern Europeans and Poland, I suspect that they did not receive as much of the "pros" as they perceive of the "cons" they had to endure.  I support the idea of self-sufficiency and the idea of empowerment of the individual - so I don't see their desire to leave the EU and the world commerce as a truly bad thing.

It is not just Eastern Europe, Australia just elected a heavily conservative government, the UK has been trying to leave the EU and places like Italy are flooded with anti-EU sentiments. Ultimately this is a different issue to personality - Europe was a lot more cohesive until very recently. This is understandable though, in tough times, people tend to preserve those things that matter the most to them: families first, then local society, then culture and country at large. Europe has a large collection of cultures and at times of stress, people fall back onto different sets of moral values and therefore take different actions.

S.Yu

Quote from: Roho on May 22, 2019, 13:58:26
Apparently genetics is the single largest determinant in personality.  Also apparently climatic stress is related to genetic expression, see Fischer et al. 2018 in Nature, so maybe Cuba is a case of that.

I am not saying the whole link is solved but there is enough evidence to suggest this being the case most of the time, there are outliers in any statistically-determined genetic expression. Everyday this link is getting better clarified.
I suppose I don't disagree with that. I realize the issue here is how "North Korea-style paranoid" is really defined and its correlation with neuroticism, I sort of just went on with it without realizing a clear definition.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview