News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE75 Raider 9SG (Core i9-9880H, RTX 2080) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 18, 2019, 02:26:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After a poor debut last year with the 8th gen Core i9-8950HK, the 9th gen Core i9-9880H is actually a great buy especially if you value the high number of simultaneous threads available. Gamers will also benefit from the performance increase over a Core i7-8750H albeit just marginally.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE75-Raider-9SG-Core-i9-9880H-RTX-2080-Laptop-Review.420559.0.html

MOFO

Performance is pretty good but it has obnoxiously loud fans and is grossly overpriced with no Gsync.
Fail for such a expensive laptop.
People that say you don't need Gsync are the ones that don't have it offered on there laptop of choice.
Miserable failure on MSI part.

Razer sharp blade V8

Just a dream...
An undestructible well-cooled Thinkpad T490p with 9300H (4/8), 9750H (6/12) and 9880H (8/16) options for CPUs and integrated, GTX 1650, GTX 1660 Ti and RTX 2060 for GPUs. Plus a similar Legion Y750 with additional RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 options + 9850H & 9980HK. And a Thinkpad T495p with Ryzen 3550H and 3750H :) Just a dream...

Vilmir

I also would avoid laptops without G-Sync, because I play many games that are limited to 60hz and there G-Sync makes the experience smoother - versus games, Dark Souls and alike, strategy games etc.
I understand why a first personal shooter gamer that will stay at 120-144hz can accept to lose G-Sync. In my experience with my PG279Q, G-Sync does not bring anything above 100hz

Laptop Gaming

Wow! A great gaming laptop. The dream of so many people, but some people can buy it!
https://gamalaptop.vn/laptop-gaming-cu-gia-re-tphcm/

Laptop Gaming

https://gamalaptop.vn/laptop-gaming-cu-gia-re-tphcm/

MNet

A question, looking at your Witcher 3 stress test picture where the CPU is only hitting 81 degrees on the highest core (matching what you said).  In it I see the "GPU Load" part saying only 41%, in the little graph that seems to match where it was sitting around 40-ish percent for a bit, but before that seems pretty maxed out.  On the 8750h 2080 GE75 I notice the same pic shows the GPU load at 86%.

I ask since the thermals are so much better at 81 on the CPU in this one vs the GE75 8750h 2080 which is showing 92 degrees.  Though I'm wondering if by the time you took that pic the game had been on pause, alt tabbed, or something long enough to disengage the actual game rendering and working, showing that lower load and hence the lower temps.

If not this is an amazing improvement in cooling somehow between the 8th gen and the 9th gen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview