News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Don't want an IdeaPad or ThinkPad? Lenovo's new hybrid ThinkBook 13s and 14s series should fit the bill

Started by Redaktion, May 13, 2019, 18:01:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new ThinkBook series will be a business-consumer offering designed for small businesses not yet ready to invest in pricier ThinkPad laptops. Its chassis design is arguably sleeker and more affordable than many ThinkPads while offering the same ThinkShield security protection plans.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Don-t-want-an-IdeaPad-or-ThinkPad-Lenovo-s-new-hybrid-ThinkBook-13s-and-14s-series-should-fit-the-bill.418209.0.html

jeremy

Since the name of this already is telling ("Thinkpad + Macbook = ThinkBook!"), can Lenovo please stop JokeBooking the Thinkpad lineup? There is now an official outlet for that sort of nonsense.

NoteBookFan876

Lenovo Has been weird in recent times, the lines (or specifications) between thinkpads & ideapads from my point of view has been getting a bit blurry or just plain all over the place. I mean, there are just so much of them! As a consumer (if you really mind) you'd have to really dig through what each offers. (like almost everyday there's a new modelbeing introduced), now they have a thinkbook line-up hahahaha.
This one claiming to be for "small businesses" Ha! on the 14s you only get 4 GB of ram for the starting model which at $750 ;D with currently no configurable options as in you have to pay for what they show you unlike the E or L series. Depending on the business, the E series could be a better option (& yes i saw the weight differences).

BNP

I'm out of words to express my disappointment from the way Lenovo handles the premium line of the ThinkPads. I wish IBM (or any big company with self respect) will take/buy it from Lenovo. They just keep "cheapen" the brand with this all-over-the-place/laptop-prostitute of a business model. There is no BS sector they don't have a cheesy line for. This makes me sick... Have some pride

CarlinWasRight

"According to Lenovo, many smaller businesses or entrepreneurs are turned off by ... even the classic TrackPoint that many traditional ThinkPad users live by."

Turned OFF by the Trackpoint - WTF is wrong with people. "We hate extra features that do not get in the way at all. We don't want a more ergonomic input alternative, we don't want to try it and don't even want to see it. We know every other laptop out there doesn't have one and we could buy those, but we want the Thinkpads not to have it either!" There is nothing on the market even remotely as good as the trackpoint and the mighty masses in all their wisdom have spoken ...

Konstantinos

This is just a marketing fart!

There is absolutely nothing on these laptops to relate them to the once upon a time great Thinkpad features. Do they have the ergonomics (deep travel keyboard, trackpad, dedicated keys for most functions, security features like kill switches, etc), the durability, the upgradability (not soldered crap, easily replaceable internals with accessible hatches at the bottom), the accessories (docking station, hot swap twin batteries, smartcards, etc).

Even the Thinkpad T-series has lost most of these features. Go back to the drawing board Lenovo! Thinkpads should not be a fashionable ultrabook!

Ryan

Sodapop73

Still no HDMI 2.0. How hard is it to include it especially as HDMI 2.1 equipped TVs are already available...

SharktallicA

"...turned off by the cost of a traditional ThinkPad laptop..."

What the hell are they doing? L-series and E-series ThinkPads already exist as low-cost alternatives to other ThinkPads whilst retaining the useful features of them like decent configuration options and solid build quality. I have two L-series from previous generations (SL510 and L430) and they both are extremely competitive with their T-series equivalents, mainly lacking the typical soft-touch coating and 'ultimate' configuration options.

STANLEY PARKER

I have purchased a few of these for the Medium sized business I work for.  While I must admit that for the price point this is actually a pretty nice laptop, I am a bit turned off by the fact that the USB-C port does not carry power to allow for charging and power while to the device is on the dock.  Other than that I am extremely pleased, it is lightweight, with an i7, 16G of memory and 512G SSD all for under $1,200. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview