News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

RPi Relay Board: A Raspberry Pi smart home expansion board that costs just US$18.99

Started by Redaktion, May 13, 2019, 17:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The RPI Relay Board allows the Raspberry Pi to control high current and voltage devices like home appliances. The expansion board supports up to 5A/250V AC or 5A/30V DC and comes with extensive development resources such as sample programs written in BCM2835, python, shell, WebIOPi and WiringPi. The RPI Relay Board is available worldwide for US$18.99.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/RPi-Relay-Board-A-Raspberry-Pi-smart-home-expansion-board-that-costs-just-US-18-99.420454.0.html

jeremy

I don't get it. Raspberry Pi Relay hats have long existed. What makes this one special over the incumbents?

One of them, on Amazon US, is $1 cheaper, and uses higher rated Panasonic relays (same DC, 10A 250VAC).

ronf57

My question is how many can the raspberry pi3b+ support stacked and can they be individually addressed. I have a pool control system in mind that needs a back of relays to implement. What is the voltage and current load of each relay and I don't want to overwhelm the pi regulator circuit. I was going to build a separate board with a relay bank but at this price if stackable or split distribution ribbon cables this looks tasty as a solution. Been a while since I built something.

jeremy

Quote from: ronf57 on May 14, 2019, 06:34:46
My question is how many can the raspberry pi3b+ support stacked and can they be individually addressed. I have a pool control system in mind that needs a back of relays to implement. What is the voltage and current load of each relay and I don't want to overwhelm the pi regulator circuit. I was going to build a separate board with a relay bank but at this price if stackable or split distribution ribbon cables this looks tasty as a solution. Been a while since I built something.

Stacked, I don't know. If the relays are setup like most of these relays are, they will be activated by a transistor, that is separated from the Pi via an optoelectric gap. So all the Pi drives is one tiny, enclosed LED per relay. The Pi does not drive the relay itself nor is it even driving the transistor.

Most of the relays for these microcontrollers/SBCs are already available, and don't need to be stacked (though you'll have to build/print a case or chassis to hold it all).

You should have at least 25 GPIO pins for use (from a stock Pi), so about 25+ relays.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview