News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo bringing AMD CPUs to its ThinkPad T495, T495s and X395 Series for the first time ever

Started by Redaktion, May 08, 2019, 15:06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The previously Intel-exclusive ThinkPad T Series will now have second generation Ryzen Pro options for faster graphics performance and cheaper starting prices. AMD wants to prove that its latest processors can go toe-to-toe with Intel on higher-end business laptops and Ultrabooks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-bringing-AMD-CPUs-to-its-ThinkPad-T495-T495s-and-X395-Series-for-the-first-time-ever.418208.0.html

gc

(Press release is poorly formatted.  Original is here:
news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/thinkpad-reliability-amd-ryzen-pro-mobile-processors/  )

Shahnewaz

suo.eno.1357

I think the most pertinent question is; will all of these be doomed (still?) with single channel RAM?

Greg

Thanks a lot, gc, for posting the link to the press release. And - yes - T495 is up to 32GB of DDR4 (I believe T490 has 16GB of DDR4 on board and you can add up to 2x16GB more).

Freddellmeister

AMD powered laptops have almost always under performed and overheated, from Acer Ferrari to Samsung to Lenovo.

I would really have use for a X395 HDMI2 connected to my 4k OLED to replace the current beastly E570.

Losing out on TB3, do the AMD models gain any extra USB port?

Will wait for actual reviews and the first few BIOS updates before plunging...

Ning

A series was not a entry-level one and there is no A480 or A280. A was just alias to T series with an AMD CPU.

anacondal

AMD models gets also USB 3.1 gen2 which is twice faster than t490 gen1.
Also the ddr4 is 2666 so Vega will benefit vs zen1

MarkC

Would be nice if the newer T495 models would have the faster read/write speeds like on the X1 Carbon and MacBook Pro laptops and then have a higher resolution screen aside from the standard 1080. Too much scrolling to do on such a big screen rendering it useless when small smartphones have higher resolution screens now. A bigger screen with low screen resolution is not all that great. At least give users option to upgrade to better higher resolution screen and we want the faster read/write speeds also.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview