News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell's XPS 13 9380 webcam makes Huawei's unique pop-up webcam look silly

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2019, 06:06:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The quirky approach is becoming increasingly unnecessary. Webcam kill switches, webcam sliders, and newer webcam components designed specifically for narrow display bezels as found on the latest laptops offer the same benefits as Huawei's pop-up webcam without impacting camera angle.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-s-XPS-13-9380-webcam-makes-Huawei-s-unique-pop-up-webcam-look-silly.420094.0.html

S.Yu

Laptop bezels are gigantic compared to smartphone bezels, but there's no fundamental difference to the front facing cameras, the pop-up webcam was a non-solution to a non-issue.

Josef

That 3:2 screen and top facing speakers really makes the Huawei standout from the flooded market of 16:9 laptops with bottom facing speakers.

Ryan

Last time I use a web cam on a PC was Dec 2013. Can't care less about its position

magnifisa

It's a pretty good solution —which can't really be judged as silly, for mostly unused and taped notebook cameras. What a silly article have I just read!?

Jeff Chapman

Stefanve

Just bought the matebook x pro 2018 coming from a x1 yoga gen1. I was thinking of getting a x1 gen4 but the 3:2 screen ratio won , having used it on several 2 in 1s . I video conference alot and agree that the angle is pretty useless. So I wouldn't mind getting a 2020 version with a tinney webcam. That being said 16:9 is the absolute worse ratio for anything accept watching movies. So I would choose the MBX Pro over the XPS everytime. Hope that one day dell or Lenovo wake up and give us 19:10 like apple or 3:2 like Huawei and Microsoft

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview