News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell ceases to pick its nosecam: New XPS 15 model will move the webcam back to the top bezel

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2019, 12:09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell XPS boss Frank Azor has revealed that the next iteration of the XPS 15 laptop will have its webcam located on the top bezel. Many XPS 15 9570 owners have complained about the location of the camera under the Dell logo on the bottom bezel of their laptops, which effectively turned the webcam into a "nosecam".

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-ceases-to-pick-its-nosecam-New-XPS-15-model-will-move-the-webcam-back-to-the-top-bezel.419953.0.html

Still waiting for IR facial recognition for sign-in and decent far-field microphones for Cortana.

DF

Agreed on both of those.  This is a welcome improvement.  I fear the bios or systemic issues not well addressed after so long in the current model are going to put off new buyers however.  It's a premium priced device, and any new model with 9th gen cpu's, new gpu and OLED screen is likely to be priced accordingly.  But the inability to resolve current issues some going back a year or so is not going to play well with that high price.

DeKuns

If the dimension of the top lid is right and it only require a small modification. Then, I would like to have the camera installed on top of my XPS 9560 screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview