News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Atomic Pi: A Raspberry-Pi alternative with an Intel processor that costs less than US$35

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2019, 15:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Atomic Pi is an affordable Raspberry Pi alternative equipped with an Intel Atom Cherry Trail processor, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of eMMC flash storage. The developer board has numerous expansion connectors, ports and sensors too. The Atomic Pi is available worldwide for US$35.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Atomic-Pi-A-Raspberry-Pi-alternative-with-an-Intel-processor-that-costs-less-than-US-35.419686.0.html

Joe Blow

Screw Intel. They're hypocrites, being completely unfriendly to open source software, but wanting to jump into the hobby single board computer game because it's making money. What do they run on it, MS Windows CE? Ha, no thanks! And screw you Intel! It's way too little, way too late. Go play with your desperate little friend, Microsoft.

Infosec

Intel is known to support open source very well. My Dell xps runs Linux as its only OS perfectly. Intel CPU and GPU and had no issues getting the drivers to work. Dell even has the option to have Linux pre-installed.

Tyson Merten

Change your advertisement/article.

This CANNOT be shipped worldwide. Their world only, USA.

So completely ignorant. Just lost a customer for life.

pmshah1946

I see a massive heatsink. Why? Does it run SO hot ???? How does it compare with desktop version of Atom?

Pctechnocrat

Regarding the heatsink, this board runs fanless in environments up to 40C ambient temperature.

Regarding windows 10, I can confirm it does run this, not you need to configure the emmc controller in the bios for ata mode.

Fyi, I'm from the inside on this board.  It's history is it was built for a consumer product that didn't make it to market.

Tjl

Intel isn't open source friendly? They were involve with Moblin OS and they created Clear OS. Both open source

Brad

"Atomic Pi is available on Amazon US".... um no, it's not.  At the time this article was published it's NOT available.  NotebookCheck should CHECK the links they publish!

David Parnell

Would it have been too much just to click the link to verify the Amazon sales channel ??  There is an Amazon page setup for the item with a photo and associated narrative.  Are we changing our mind on the price mid-stream?  There is a suggestion that this was actually excess inventory from a previous product venture which failed.  No price was included in the Amazon narrative as if the ad was only entered as an "advertising" opportunity with no intent to supply inventory to actually sell on Amazon??  What kind of article was this:  accidental or intentional misinformation?

Stephen brightwood

Just to say I ordered this from Amazon us and I live in Ireland. It has shipped. So yes the article is accurate.

Damian

This looks good, but keep in mind that you will have to solder some power source to the board. This is not a plug and play solution

Phlyers_Fan

As soon as I saw the article I ordered this on Amazon (I'm in Philadelphia, PA USA) on Friday 4/26/2019 and got it Monday 4/29/2019. I also ordered a power supply with 5V 3Amps.

JoeA

I just had a chat with them and they said they would ship to in my case Germany, too, for about $38. For this I will need to call them. The online shop only works for US.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview