News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware Area-51m scores 26,435 points in 3DMark Fire Strike and gets immediately outgunned by a couple of Clevos

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2019, 08:46:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An Alienware Area-51m owner has managed to score a very respectable 26,435 points in 3DMark's Fire Strike test (1.1). The laptop was fitted with an Intel Core i9-9900K CPU and Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 GPU. But it seems a couple of overclocking Clevo owners have proved their gaming pedigree by immediately outscoring the Dell laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-Area-51m-scores-26-435-points-in-3DMark-Fire-Strike-and-gets-immediately-outgunned-by-a-couple-of-Clevos.419244.0.html

Steve J

Impressive scores for all the gaming laptops mentioned. I don't think this is a fair comparison because the clevo laptops have an advantage with Prema bios mod. The alienware does not have a modified bios. It looks like Daniel forgot to check the dates, because upon checking 3dmark the scores set by Prema and john were before the score by the area 51m mentioned here. This makes the article a bit misleading and completely out of order.

stygianumbra

Definitely not a fair comparison. I own a Clevo but the Alienware is a production system with a warranty. A custom modded Clevo despite the hardware being the same is not a production laptop with a warranty.

If I bought a mustang and brought it to a tuner  it would be faster, but you couldn't fairly compare it to a production mustang.

CitizenMM

Many Clevos come with a warranty AND an unlocked BIOS like the Prema mod, so the comparison is definitely fair.

I'll take my P870TM1 with Prema bios and 3 yr warranty over a Dell any day. (I've owned 4 Alienware laptops before my Clevo, so don't try going there)

Sure, the new Alienware may be fast but I'll bet you could also cook a chicken on it too. ;-)

Mr.Fox

Fair, schmair. All is far in love, war, racing and benching. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. The Alienware is super expensive and has limitations engineered into it. The Clevos also have some limitations imposed by silly people that make them just like the clowns at Alienware. Clevo has a hero (Prema) to fix their mistakes. Alienware has taken drastic measures to block heroes from fixing their mistakes. The main components are the same, so the playing field is level. We shouldn't be making excuses for Alienware. If they want to be the best they will stop interfering with fixes from heroes like Prema.

Jonathon Schott

As another comment pointed out the clevos scores were older. But instead of making the article out of order, what it really says is STFU dell. What he gets for preemptively saying 'none'. Clevo P870DM3 at home, or anywhere else i decide to take it, and loving it. Dell putting a smile on my face.

Yummiermussel

The Alienwares biggest weakness here is its RAM speed, which is upright under 2400mhz. The Clevos have ram speeds in the 3000s. Alienware needs to stop gimping their "desktop replacements" with laptop ram speeds. Results would be different then. Hopefully a bios update will allow for faster speeds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview