News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

We have concerns about the 9th gen Intel Core i9-9880H and i9-9980HK

Started by Redaktion, April 24, 2019, 15:00:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

What was once just one Core i9 option (i9-8950HK) will now be split into two (i9-9880H and i9-9980HK) for this latest mobile Core ix generation. Based on the performance history of the i9-8950HK, however, we're not expecting the i9-9980HK to perform that much faster than the i9-9880H to warrant two different SKUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/We-have-concerns-about-the-9th-gen-Intel-Core-i9-9880H-and-i9-9980HK.418162.0.html

fdsfdasada

Dude, think a bit before writing an article. Intel i9 9880H will be installed in slim laptops with not enough cooling to even run at 4Ghz stable. Intel i9 9880HK instead will be installed in DTR laptops which will ensure enough cooling for the cpu to run at close to 5Ghz, which will make it worth.

DF

I prefer there are 2 SKU's.  Some of us want the top speed but not overclocked, and inside a known heat envelope.  Some will want to have an overclockable chip.  If you were to kill one off, then you'd probably leave only the overclockable one at the high end.  However then everyone will have the chip at different speeds making the heat signatures all over the map - which will have end user confused and unsure if they can trust the chip because it's hot here and cold there.

If you instead kill the overclockable model then all the OC'ers who are only after the top end chips will have nothing to purchase.  So they are unhappy.

Narrow form factors also benefit from a high, but defined heat signature.  Monster machines will happily take the HK model instead.  I say leave the both.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview