News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2019 Razer Blade Pro will be 21 percent lighter and 11 percent thinner than last year's model

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2019, 15:52:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The upcoming Blade Pro takes the successful narrow-bezel chassis design of the Blade Stealth and Blade 15 for a new 17.3-inch form factor. It also drops some of the arguably gimmicky features of the 2017 Blade Pro including the volume wheel, asymmetric trackpad positioning, and mechanical keys in favor of a leaner look.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2019-Razer-Blade-Pro-will-be-21-percent-lighter-and-11-percent-thinner-than-last-year-s-model.415935.0.html

Nooo

No RTX 2080 max-P and no 4K UHD OLED panel are deal breaker...
Why the 15" version is better equipped?

John Doe

Yeah, without the mechanical keyboard and the numpad and with no higher res option than FHD, what's the point of this model over the 15"? I hope it cools much better and thus provides full CPU performance unlike the somewhat gimped one on the 15".

Tim92

I was glad when I read a new decent 17" laptop with thin bezels and body was coming.
but WTF
- a considerable smaller battery inside than the 15" with the same GPU options and cpu core count
while being bigger, thicker and heavier.
- just the same keyboard as the 15" with no numpad?? this huge deck of wasted space...
- 4 fans seem a lot wasted space if the 15" can keep the 2080maxQ rather cool with 2...
- only a 1080p option on 17", so basically 120PPI on a 3000USD machine, great...
My MacBook Pro 17 from 2008 got a higher PPI...

WHAT THE HECK RAZER?  :o

Blahblah

Panji

Interesting that they put a lower capacity battery as compared to previous gen (I assume it's to accommodate the "2nd fan set"). I will miss the ultra low-profile mechanical keyboard of the Pro IMO.

What I understand is the new razer blade pro eliminates as much gimmicks as possible to tackle the issue of RTX 2080 Max-Q non-optimal performance that hit a lot of manufacturers.

Let see how it goes. Appreciate the size & weight cut tho.

LWT

Lot of people missing the point on this machine.

This is a literal desktop replacement. Many of us with 17" laptops use them exclusively plugged in.

The "portable" side of it comes into play when moving it from the home office to the loungeroom or bedroom. Extended battery life is better suited to portable machines like 13"-15".
We may not require ultra slim machines - but we still like them. They look neater than a big unruly Clevo.

This is honestly my perfect spec machine. If it stays cool under load, I'm going to have to seriously consider buying a Razer. Something I never thought I'd say :)

S.Yu

Quote from: John Doe on April 23, 2019, 17:02:34
Yeah, without the mechanical keyboard and the numpad and with no higher res option than FHD, what's the point of this model over the 15"? I hope it cools much better and thus provides full CPU performance unlike the somewhat gimped one on the 15".
I fully agree. Without the ARGB panel, the mechanical keyboard, the 99Wh battery, the 32GB option, the 17" model actually seems worse than the 15" model, the only apparent exception being the card reader.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview