News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

8 cores in a laptop: Intel announces improved 45 W 9th Gen H-series Coffee Lake-Refresh processors; Core i9-9980HK posts impressive preliminary performance

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2019, 15:00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel has officially announced the 9th generation H-series 45 W processors today with several new features and performance improvements. Leading the stack is the Core i9-9980HK and the Core i9-9980H that sport an 8C/16T configuration with 16 MB L3 cache. The 9980HK is the only unlocked variant and can boost up to 5 GHz thanks to Intel's Thermal Velocity Boost. Preliminary performance results appear to show significantly improved multi-core performance compared to the 8th generation Coffee Lake CPUs. The 9th gen CFL-H Refresh CPUs will soon be seen in most gaming and content creation laptops from all major OEMs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/8-cores-in-a-laptop-Intel-announces-improved-45-W-9th-Gen-H-series-Coffee-Lake-Refresh-processors-Core-i9-9980HK-posts-impressive-preliminary-performance.418561.0.html

Razer sharp blade V7

8/16 on a laptop? With an iGPU? Shintel, you're in :D
(Though the 45W tag is bollocks unless you agree to deal with aggressive throttling. It's just Shintel being faithful to its standard practices xD)

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Razer sharp blade V7 on April 25, 2019, 06:00:30
8/16 on a laptop? With an iGPU? Shintel, you're in :D
(Though the 45W tag is bollocks unless you agree to deal with aggressive throttling. It's just Shintel being faithful to its standard practices xD)
Intel specifies TDP for only the base clock. Boost TDP varies and we've seen that during our testing as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview