News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Xiaomi Mi A1 may get the Android Q update after all

Started by Redaktion, April 14, 2019, 09:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xiaomi Mi A1 was released back in 2017 and has received the two major updates it was promised. According to a new report, though, the device could get a third OS update that will see it enjoy Android Q and all the features it brings when it's released later in the year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-may-get-the-Android-Q-update-after-all.417153.0.html

Rohan

On Xiaomi's website, it's clearly mentioned "Mi A1 ships with Android Nougat, and will receive 2 YEARS minimum of OS upgrades."

2 years = Sep '17 to Sep '19
So if Q launches before Sep '19, A1 must get it.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Rohan on April 14, 2019, 14:58:21
On Xiaomi's website, it's clearly mentioned "Mi A1 ships with Android Nougat, and will receive 2 YEARS minimum of OS upgrades."

Good catch, but I think "2 years" generally means two iterations. Fingers crossed, though.

Rohan Srivastava

Quote from: Ricci Rox on April 14, 2019, 15:05:55

Good catch, but I think "2 years" generally means two iterations. Fingers crossed, though.

2 years literally means 24 months, I've seen a lot of people claiming that it's actually 2 updates but this absurd 2 updates rule is not mentioned officially anywhere.

On Google's own website it is mentioned that the Pixel 3a launched this month will be supported minimum till May 2022 (exactly 3 years and not 3 updates) -
g.co/pixel/updates
Hence in case of A1 also, Sep '17 to Sep '19

Lutfot

Quote from: Ricci Rox on April 14, 2019, 15:05:55

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview