News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD details 12 nm Ryzen 7 3700U Zen+ SoC to compete against the 14 nm Intel Core i7-8565U

Started by Redaktion, April 08, 2019, 15:03:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new mobile Zen+ Ryzen 7 Pro 2700U (4.0/2.3 GHz) will be just marginally faster than the outgoing Zen Ryzen 7 2700U (3.8/2.2 GHz). When compared to the Intel Core i7-8650U, however, AMD is promising up to 258 percent faster graphics performance in certain applications. More significant gains in CPU performance are not expected until the "proper" third generation Zen 2 series refresh.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-details-12-nm-Ryzen-7-3700U-Zen-SoC-to-compete-against-the-14-nm-Intel-Core-i7-8565U.415941.0.html

Razer sharp blade V7

S.Yu

Really? GloFo's 12nm (IIRC this will be GloFo's last proprietary node as they've given up on R&D, before they go on licensing Samsung's or TSMC's more advanced nodes years later, and will also be the last node AMD's obliged to use) is expected to be more efficient than Intel's 14nm?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview