News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A workplace study shows MacBook keyboard failure rate of 30 percent

Started by Redaktion, April 02, 2019, 09:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Another scathing article has been penned by a well-respected member of the Apple community on Apple's malfunctioning keyboards. David Heinemeier Hansson, a software developer, claims that the failure rate of Apple's butterfly mechanism based keyboards is much higher than Apple is willing to admit or may even be aware.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-workplace-study-shows-MacBook-keyboard-failure-rate-of-30-percent.415595.0.html

Stephi

I tried a few of these sleekbooks at bestbuy and other stores and noticed that some of the keys were already sticky.  I am glad to have stayed away from them. 

Bill Jacobs

Might not be that big a deal but for Apple's shady practice of making Mac repairs much harder than necessary with glue, special screws and other hurdles gratuitously added to repairs that are cheap and simple in PC laptops.

Imagine a car company that glued its hood shut and bolted it down with security screws that are different for every model year.
Would Apple Motors customers put up with it?

Might be excusable on a cell phone not expected to be kept past its warranty expiration, but a $2000 laptop?  Better you than me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview