News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m15 now available with OLED display but Dell XPS 15 still waiting for delayed panel option

Started by Redaktion, April 02, 2019, 04:32:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The product page for Dell's Alienware m15 laptop range has been updated to show the new OLED display option for potential purchasers. The planned integration of OLED technology in Alienware m15, Dell XPS 15, and Dell G7 15 laptops was originally announced by the manufacturer in January and was expected to start rolling out in March.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-m15-now-available-with-OLED-display-but-Dell-XPS-15-still-waiting-for-delayed-panel-option.415594.0.html

Vilmir

As OLED is natively crazy reactive, around 1ms to change a pixel color, why limiting the display to 60hz, especially on a gaming machine?
I understand that no mobile GPU can handle 4k @120, but I would like to play in 1080p @120 on this screen.

Micron1-

OLED screen it means the presence of PWM, low frequency, no thanks!
the technology that damages health, headaches, eyes strain, it is better to continue to use IPS without PWM.
is there some kind of global war against consumers?
5G, AMOLED, OLED, PWM anywhere even home bulbs, GMO food etc
where is our real progress? looks like degradation

RichardLansing

I see a lot of smart people here.  Which causes me to think maybe not getting the OLED panel.  I have not much experience with Dell.  My question:  do you think the 2018 XPS15 with the highest end components I can configure - which comes in around $2700.00 currently -  might come down in price with the upcoming XPS15 OLED announcement?   I'm a photo editor and like the portability and the specs of this machine.

GrosseFatigue

Personally I ll get the 17" 4K with an RTX 2060, the large battery with one storage only. Total about $2,600 same as a 15" with OLED. With a 17"you pretty much can do anything. I dont play game.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview