News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Latest AGESA firmware can brick Precision Boost Overdrive on AMD 400-series motherboards

Started by Redaktion, March 24, 2019, 06:50:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Users of AMD X470 chipset-based motherboards who have updated to the latest AGESA 0.0.7.x offered by some OEMs over the past week are reporting that the update cripples the Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) from working automatically, requiring manual adjustments via Ryzen Master. The issue seems to have affected some Asus and MSI X470 boards and the only recourse is to downgrade the BIOS (if possible) or wait till a fix for the PBO issue is released.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Latest-AGESA-firmware-can-brick-Precision-Boost-Overdrive-on-AMD-400-series-motherboards.414884.0.html

Hwgeek

Hi, it's me from overclock.net and as you see I got the new 4602 Bios and all works, I posted it so other ASUS Prime X470 Pro owner's can use it, Regarding Downgrade is not possible in regular way since it's new AGESA and as mentioned in last page- some user who didn't backup their UUID & mobo SN lost it after manually downgrading with  Afuefix64 (page 41   on thread).

I advice for every owner of X470 owner that lost PBO with new bios to contact support and see if there is new bios ready/future release.
And pls check before updating to those new AGESA bios files if they work correctly .
GL all!.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Hwgeek on March 25, 2019, 08:32:54
Hi, it's me from overclock.net and as you see I got the new 4602 Bios and all works, I posted it so other ASUS Prime X470 Pro owner's can use it, Regarding Downgrade is not possible in regular way since it's new AGESA and as mentioned in last page- some user who didn't backup their UUID & mobo SN lost it after manually downgrading with  Afuefix64 (page 41   on thread).

I advice for every owner of X470 owner that lost PBO with new bios to contact support and see if there is new bios ready/future release.
And pls check before updating to those new AGESA bios files if they work correctly .
GL all!.

Hi Hwgeek,
Thank you for writing in. So, just to clarify, is there any other issue that you have noticed apart from the PBO not working well? And does Asus support send the new AGESA code to anyone who contacts them with a similar issue? Thank you again for posting the BIOS file on Overclock.net for everyone's convenience.

Hwgeek

Asus just started to list the new AGESA 0072 on many AM4 boards,
asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_BIOS/
So just wait for your Model with the new Bios, Also you can try to modify the download link to see if the new 4602 version is already stored on their server:
On some boards that are few days before listing it's possible, otherwise you get "An error occurred while processing your request.".
For example:
asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-B350-PLUS/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Even tho only 4207 is the latest- changing the link shows the new Bios is ready to download:
asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350-PLUS/PRIME-B350-PLUS-ASUS-4602.zip

kilyan

Y on x470 taichi after the update to 3.10 and 3.20 the bios completely broke precision boost and i don't know how to manually adjust it. NOw it won't go past 3.9 ghz

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview