News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 15-Y9 (i9-8950HK, RTX 2080 Max-Q) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2019, 21:33:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The well-equipped Aero 15-Y9 allows (almost) all games to be played smoothly on its matte 4K screen. However, Gigabyte has chosen to equip the laptop with only the Max-Q variant of the GeForce 2080. As a result, it isn't able to offer much more gaming performance above the Aero-15 models with RTX 2070 Max-Q GPUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aero-15-Y9-i9-8950HK-RTX-2080-Max-Q-Laptop-Review.414922.0.html

quh

Not sure why this test goes so easy on gigabyte and the Aero, save for a few lines of warnings in the verdict. There is no indication that this laptop is incredibly bad value compared to its peers.
This thing costs 5000 whereas it performs worse than a laptop half its cost. And it still gets a "very good" ? I dont understand how its not exposed for what it is. A very cheap effort to upsell customers, actually scam customers to buy the better equipped model. For which, it only has 2 heat pipes, that is not even mentioned here, for a 2080 and the top end mobile i9.

gm89uk

Couldn't agree more. Total waste of money. Performance is less than an RB with 2070MQ. Failed product for the price

Warney

This review is completely incredulous. Very expensive hardware that simply performs badly should not get such a high rating. This is lazy upselling as stated by another comment, with zero consideration for giving the customer value. 

Cuissedemouche

I was waiting for this test since a long time!
The Y9 is very expensive for what he purposes. But I'm happy about have a test for the 4K screen.
It comforts me to my choice to take a X9 model with 32GB and 4K screen. I think this one is at a fair price considering that the screen is one of the best in term of color accuracy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview