News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Sony Xperia 4 could be a disappointing successor to the Xperia Compact flagships

Started by Redaktion, March 20, 2019, 14:26:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony is set to launch a new Xperia device, the Xperia 4, in the coming months. The Xperia 4 is said to be a replacement for the Xperia Compact flagship line, but it's looking more and more like a poor one.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Sony-Xperia-4-could-be-a-disappointing-successor-to-the-Xperia-Compact-flagships.414785.0.html

fdsofldmos

I believe that their bet made on very wide displays won't turn out to be a good one, unfortunately.

weeeeeeeeeeee

Please stop calling it a compact. 148mm is not compact. It may be smaller than many of the new phones on the market, but it is still very long.

Liad Sagi

As a xz2 compact user, it is uncomfortable! I mean , it is, but it is long , and reaching the top is hard and painful for my fingers. Samsung solve this with oneUI . sony screens getting longer with no reason or software to support.

S.Yu

wedos

More screen size might be what everyone wants but Sony knows that the smaller ones are actually the most comfortable to use but also that it has to sell more phones. And we are just a small group of people who like the compact phones. I like smaller width of this one but its too long to be called compact at all but isnt called that either.

It is VERY hard to find a mid/high end phone that is compact and recent. The Samsung Galaxy S10e has no real competition. Only outdated phones come close to its size alone. Apple could be called conpetition but its a different system and should not be compared for everyone.

Then there is a low/mid range from Samsung itself that also has no competition when it comes to size and recent release (read as: getting at least around 2 years of updates).

Yes its hard to find good compact phones, as compact as you can get with decent quality, but when you do you probably will end up with Samsung if you care about recent phones /receiving updates

It wasnt much different previous year but Sony definitly was there too.

Samsung is now thanks to its smallest 2019 phone yet more afordable phone from the S10 line the, S10e, selling also for that market and is selling likely more than without it, as they have already closed the gap on the S9's year and Samsung even now again has multiple other phones for the lower budget markt including a almost same size as the s10e, the A40

Yanni

disappointing to whom?
to anyone that does not want a TV sized phone?
to someone that wants maximum screen size in an easy to handle and hold device?
maybe to someone that want a polycarbonate smart phone that does 'not' need a stupid case to protect the fragile, slippery and fingerprint magnet back?
I can't wait to it....
oh, and thank you SONY for going back to the flat Sony styled phones and bringing back the side finger print sensor. I will buy this.. unless they also bring out a more powerful processor version of this phone size... but if they don't I'll get this one!
I'm so so tired of everyone rating all phones by what Apple and Samsung does.

wedos

Disappointing
Quote from: Yanni on May 03, 2019, 04:29:40
disappointing to whom?
Disappointing as in being a replacement of the compact line. But its about how you read it. No where it states that it wil be a replacement of the compact phone just rumours believing it replacing the serie that happened to be compact and if anything comes in place of that serie it can be called a replacment. And since it does do so and some believe it to be a compact or compacter one they (the ones who like compact phones) could be disappointed

to someone that wants maximum screen size in an easy to handle and hold device?

Of course everyone wants something else : )

I for one could also care less about a metal body. I prefer a good quality plastic. It might not have the premium look but has many advantages over metal. A phone is meant to be used after all not just look precious ; ) but many find/believe metal is better and would not buy plastic if they pay a high price..

I'm so so tired of everyone rating all phones by what Apple and Samsung does.

I did mention samsung but not because I'm simply rating it on what they do but because for my own preference (and probably others mainly compact lovers) they do have what i want (except hole-punch camera because of the interface that is made ugly cause of required changes to the GUI that doesnt fit nice). And for people like me it might be the only option now that Sony seems to drop the compact phones : (

I love almost all that is Sony. Before the smartphones Sony had the best multimedia phones and best user experience imo. But now there is or not much difference anymore or its just not known from the outside before buying. Anyway they are not alone anymore. What are the reasons why sony doesnt sell good compared to other brands? I wish they did. I wish TrackID was still available too. Because of the reason mentioned before a Xperia does not fit my needs.

still use ray in 2019

not bad, considering it, but one level smaller size while keeping 21:9 would be nicer

no problem with snapdragon 710, no gaming planned

so far only compact smartphone available  is sharp aquos r2 compact, but this is japan only  :-\ >:(

my last compact xperia was z3, after lcd got broken i did not move to another xperia compact, did not like shape and size (too fat, too big)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview