News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia to discontinue support for 3D Vision in next GPU driver update

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2019, 23:23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Since 3D glasses have mostly been replaced by VR headsets and TV makers already removed all 3D features from their products, Nvidia has decided that its 3D Vision tech is not cutting it anymore. The last driver to support this technology will be released with the GeForce Game Ready suite this April.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-to-discontinue-support-for-3D-Vision-in-next-GPU-driver-update.413830.0.html

Galvin Fox

I will be requesting a full refund then. Nvidia had better also inform all the retailers who are still selling Nvidia 3D Vision kits to stop selling them because they wont be able to install the drivers. I had the drivers installed but when I received the latest update Nvidia removed the 3D vision 2 kit from my PC so that it doesn't give you the option to set it up in the Nvidia control panel, it's as though it doesn't exist. I don't get why they are discontinuing support for it because VR sucks & it is much better than VR, in fact they only have to incorporate the head-tracking technology into the 3D vision kit to make it VR.If they don't want new customers that's fine but there was no need to render it useless for all the existing customers, what they have done is tantamount to vandalism & if they don't refund me I'll be suing.

fgd

we love  3d how you gonna do that to all the old users you can compare VR and 3D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview