News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus TUF FX505DY (Ryzen 5 3550H, Radeon RX 560X) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2019, 10:09:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sick of seeing Intel Core i5-8300H and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 gaming laptops? Then try this $700 AMD-only alternative instead. The Ryzen Zen+ platform shines in its first outing even though it's a bit late to the party.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-TUF-FX505DY-Ryzen-5-3550H-Radeon-RX-560X-Laptop-Review.412117.0.html

Hwgeek

Can you please make mini update with Dual channel memory? igpu/dGPU/programs performance to show the potential and thus the buyers could know if to add another 8GB or not.

Alex Hosking

Is this the model with the 60hz display, I've seen other reviews give this 95% sRGB and 73% AdobeRGB.

Galen Herrera

Recently bought this unit (asus tuf fx505dy), it performs well enough. But it has poor software and driver support from both asus and amd at the moment (aura in armory crate app, graphics driver and radeon software to be exact). Out of the box the radeon settings is nowhere to be found so you can't really crank up the dedicated rx 560x in it, but if you decide to update the amd drivers (latest is 19.6.1 at the time of writing this) your system will fail to recognize the rx 560x and you'll be stuck with just the Vega 8 graphics chip which is very underwhelming. Still haven't found a workaround for this, have done both clean install and use of DDU in safe mode then reinstall fresh drivers but still no dice. The aura settings in the armoury crate app only has cycle colors working. I hope both asus and amd fix the issuse asap. For now I'll be rolling back my amd drivers to what's available in the asus support page for this unit to get it back to a usable state. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

efialtis

Installing the latest Mobile chipset drivers (fp5) from AMDs site fixed the bug with the RX560X for me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview