News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The fastest GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q laptop is just 7 percent behind the slowest RTX 2080 Max-Q laptop

Started by Redaktion, March 07, 2019, 01:35:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia reduced the baseline minimum TDP of Max-Q Turing GPUs when compared to last generation Max-Q Pascal GPUs. The result is that more laptops can now run the RTX 2080 Max-Q GPU, but the performance gap between it and the RTX 2070 Max-Q can be surprisingly narrow.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-fastest-GeForce-RTX-2070-Max-Q-laptop-is-just-7-percent-behind-the-slowest-RTX-2080-Max-Q-laptop.413234.0.html

not good for consumers!

Well this is not good news for consumers!  They're gonna have to use sites like notebookcheck to make sure they're buying a notebook that performs at the expected levels, they can't rely on the name of the RTX GPU to make performance decisions.  Consumers are gonna get duped and pay more than they need to for under-performing products if they don't do specific research on their model of laptop.

Warney

That Zephyrus with the 2080 though!

Unfortunately I want a laptop I can use on my lap from time to time *sighs*

John Freeman

This is not meaningful because the 2070 gpu was in a different laptop brand than any of the 2080 gpus. The 2080 results show that different laptop brands give different results. So the results would be accurate only if the Razer 2070 was compared to a Razer 2080.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview