News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Our first AMD Ryzen 5 3550H benchmarks are in and they give Intel's Core i5-8300H a run for their money

Started by Redaktion, March 06, 2019, 00:36:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The budget-mainstream gaming laptop space is about to get much more interesting. AMD's latest Zen+ processor is essentially comparable to the Core i5-8300H to make it a perfect companion for mid-range Nvidia GPUs. It's now up to OEMs like Asus to make laptops sporting both Ryzen and GeForce processors for true market disruption.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-first-AMD-Ryzen-5-3550H-benchmarks-are-in-and-they-give-Intel-s-Core-i5-8300H-a-run-for-their-money.412698.0.html

Dan G.

Depite AMD and Intel defining their TDP in different ways (with Intel's reality known for being way off compared to the official stated TDP ) , we need to mention that AMD's chip appears more efficient.

AMD's chip has a 35W TDP while Intel's can suck up to 45W according to the rated TDP.

I hope I'm not wrong on this ...

Howard Chu

Strange, my 2700U results are a fair bit higher than yours. Maybe Dell did a better job with their cooler/heat pipes?

on reddit /r/Amd/comments/a7r9cy/dell_latitude_5495_ryzen_2700u/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview