News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Caution: Hot – ThinkPad E490 & E590 have arrived

Started by Redaktion, March 04, 2019, 00:01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo sent us the two new laptops ThinkPad E490 and ThinkPad E590. After temperature problems with the Radeon GPU in last year's ThinkPad E480, we were eager to find out whether Lenovo fixed the issues or not for the new E490, but our initial measurements are not promising.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Caution-Hot-ThinkPad-E490-E590-have-arrived.411990.0.html

Woot

5w sustained TDP and 400 Mhz core clocks?  That is utterly unacceptable.

Madrileño

Damn, I was waiting for this test as I've been eyeing the E490 with Radeon GPU for a while now...but it seems it's just the same issue as with the previous generation. They might limit GPU power via fw at some point but then you pay for a dedicated GPU and get the performance of Intl Graphics :/ Sort it our, Lenovo, please!

MarkH

None of the ThinkPad E490/E590 models listed at the US Lenovo site show any discrete video options; just the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620. Any thoughts on the thermal handling capabilities of these units?

Ilzaman

Hey, I have the E490 with Radeon dGPU and I really did not notice any issues with overheating. Under extreme load the fan is just pretty noisy and the bottom of the laptop is warm, but definitely not hot.

bodge

Gee I'm so lucky.
I was browsing a few nights ago and googled the best 10.
I settled for a lenovo e490
I haven't purchased and now I just read the article I won't be.
Thanks heaps for the feedback

jfd

I don't think stress test is realistic enough to represent real world usage. I want to see the temperature on real gaming test.

Dude

When will a full review be available? I am considering to buy either this one or the T490 but are literately zero reviews out there.

Michael M

Early March we learnt that the E490 arrived for testing, mid April no test published yet...... must be a very complicated test if it takes that long to complete. But then, the model is new now - thus the test is needed now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview