News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

First AMD Zen+ Ryzen 5 3550H gaming laptop now shipping, review in progress

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2019, 09:52:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 12 nm Ryzen 5 3550H quad-core processor will hopefully challenge the Core i5-8300H in the budget-mainstream gaming category. The AMD chip is making its debut on the Asus TUF FX505DY budget gaming laptop now retailing for just $799 USD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/First-AMD-Zen-Ryzen-5-3550H-gaming-laptop-now-shipping-review-in-progress.410846.0.html

Steven Tran

I can't find the laptop on sale on the Asus webpage. It's available on Amazon/Newegg, but only the red version.

I want the gold steel fx505dy. Any idea where to buy it?! Thanks

memyselfandi

The 560x is a terrible disappointment. Should have really used the 570x at least, or preferably a vega 56 based mobile derivative.

The 560 is just too weak to be put with a 35 watt CPU. And without an iGPU, this machine's battery life is gonna SUCK, without the GPU performance to back up that suck.

Cookiedemkp

Quote from: memyselfandi on February 27, 2019, 14:17:37
The 560x is a terrible disappointment. Should have really used the 570x at least, or preferably a vega 56 based mobile derivative.

The 560 is just too weak to be put with a 35 watt CPU. And without an iGPU, this machine's battery life is gonna SUCK, without the GPU performance to back up that suck.

I mean, it does have an iGPU. But the first reviews still show the battery life being quite bad, so eh?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview