News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad 2019 leak: Data-sheets of the redesigned ThinkPads T490, T490s & T590 have been leaked

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2019, 03:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's ThinkPad division gets hit by another leak, as a reddit user has published data-sheets for most of the upcoming ThinkPad business laptops. Though there is no way to verify the specs at this point, the specs of the T490 do line up with the already announced special T490 Healthcare Edition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-2019-leak-Data-sheets-of-the-redesigned-ThinkPads-T490-T490s-T590-have-been-leaked.410510.0.html

ivan bogdanovic

Is saving 1.5 millimeter of thicknesses and 150gr of weight worth loosing all or most of expandability? Absolutely not in my book.
Since this is workhorse computer and not MacBook competitor I wonder how business customer will react to this negative trend.

Hesdeadjim

Ugh if this is true I fear for the future of ThinkPads.

Definitely won't be buying any laptops with soldered only memory

Pavol

I am not sure about this direction, losing lots of versatility due to being just milimiter smaller. Also soldered memory, losing HDD slot and normal SD card reader... Not good for me.

ED

As a ThinkPad T fanboy I was more concerned with robustness and flexibility rather than with design and portability. If Fujitsu fixes the audio on of the u7xx series, with their very good keyboards (including layouts) and decent screens they may well become "the new ThinkPad".

Essen

Let the X1 be the X1 and let the T series be the T series. Why is Lenovo doing this? Despite all this, no 3:2 screens, which would be way more useful than .5 mm thinner.

Dan Ridenhour

Just last week I upgraded to a P52s from my T560...  I went back and forth for a while about pulling the trigger or waiting.   If this is the true direction of the thinkpad T series...  I'm SO GLAD I didn't wait and snapped up a p52s!!!  I can't say that strongly enough.

Literally everything they are getting rid of are among the top reasons I have loved the T series.  Power Bridge topping that list as I spend a lot of time away from a power plug.  The SD card slot is just more versatile,  soldered ram forces memory re-buys if your a frequent upgrader and they always charge more than the market does... not to mention the lack a 2.5" drive bay. 

I would have much preferred a T590 that has a mm more space inside to aid thermals... and an m.2 drive bay in addition to a 2.5" bay to allow dual storage.

This pretty much turns the T series into X series junior machines.   The only thing your getting over an E or L series machine is Thunderbolt3 and fiber reinforced plastic cases.

Sad Really.

Dan Ridenhour

One more thing...  the T590 STILL has an HDMI 1.4 port.  dell has been putting HDMI 2.0 ports in its budget models for a couple years now. 

Baz

Moo

Need full size SD card for professional photographer. RJ45 is so much better. Should not get thinner, or thermal performance will be worse. Should have kept the option for dedicated gpu. I will probably try to get a refurbished t480s instead of a t490. The t490s won't be usable for me.

Zubairu

In all honesty, I am a bit dissapointed with Lenovo.. For one, I wish they would revert back to the pre-chiclet style keyboards which were very similar to desktop keyboards. Secondly, I would like for them to utilize Icy lake architecture in these upcoming models or I will wait for the generation afterwards.

I am currently using a Thinkpad T450 on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) and thus do not need a dedicated GPU. I will opt to use the integrated Intel GPU as it is enough for what I do (programming embedded microcontrollers (ARM), and doing my Masters Degree program in Computer Science. I will probably configure it with 1TB of PCi-e nVME and 32gb of DDR4 RAM with a Full HD 1920x1080 screen.

I am hoping that the webcam is a lot better than the one found on the Thinkpad T450.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview