News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

FriendlyElec NanoPi M4: The Raspberry Pi alternative can now be used as a NAS for just US$25 thanks to a new HAT expansion board

Started by Redaktion, February 20, 2019, 18:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Compact single-board computers can deliver excellent performance and fast file transfers. A new expansion board for the NanoPi M4 should allow it to be realised as network-attached storage (NAS).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/FriendlyElec-NanoPi-M4-The-Raspberry-Pi-alternative-can-now-be-used-as-a-NAS-for-just-US-25-thanks-to-a-new-HAT-expansion-board.410432.0.html

Not A Liar

This article is misleading. The price of the NANOPi is not included despite the title suggesting it.

And this site having reserved names that are common names is stupid.

Koskee

Really too bad they didn't include a second gigabit Ethernet port to compliment the existing one.. I really would have thought they would have on a hat meant to be used as an NAS.. IMO it could have easily have been a game changer for deployment of cost effective network centric storage solutions.

Still likely will be very disruptive, but an additional wired interface would have really helped set it apart from most of the competition. I wonder what kind of RAID support might be possible/available?

Frank Hardy

88SE9215  is a port multiplier so the 4 drives are only accessed 1 at a time It would have been better if it had 2 real sata ports that you could connect 2 5 port multipliers to to get 10 drives.   

MrM2U

Quote from: Not A Liar on February 21, 2019, 00:34:38
This article is misleading. The price of the NANOPi is not included despite the title suggesting it.

And this site having reserved names that are common names is stupid.

The title doesn't suggest that at all.  Seems worded clearly to me that the HAT costs $25.

J

"FriendlyElec NanoPi M4: The Raspberry Pi alternative can now be used as a NAS for just US$25 thanks to a new HAT expansion board"

I'm sorry, but this DOES seem to imply that the NAS can be built for $25.  Not only is THAT statement misleading, but the M4 costs almost TWICE the price of a Raspberry PI at $65.  So, the NAS will actually cost $90 vs $35 for the PI. :o

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview