News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Dell XPS 15 9570's DPC latency issues are more complicated than the company first thought

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2019, 00:03:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Almost four months on since Dell announced that it would soon fix the DPC latency issues that have caused audio problems for some XPS 15 9570 laptops, Frank Azor has conceded that there is no end in sight for beleaguered owners. While he claims that Dell is making progress, he still cannot give a timeline for when the company hopes to release a fix.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Dell-XPS-15-9570-s-DPC-latency-issues-are-more-complicated-than-the-company-first-thought.407681.0.html

mkdr

The laptop is not usable with bios 1.7.0 because of the fan spins for 9 seconds for every single dGPU poll, which happens a lot under Windows 10. Which is mostly an Optimus or MS Hybrid bug, and MS to blame, however, before 1.7.0 the fans werent triggered for short dGPU polls.

This is how it looks like using Windows 10:
https://i.imgur.com/vvOMM0i.png

Random 1-second dGPU polls all over the OS, for random things, which causes the fans to spin with bios 1.7.0

ikjadoon

Can we trust this Frank Azor's tweets? Or anything from any company after the fact?

He tweets a lot, but doesn't seem knowledgeable of how his products are developed. I remember the 32GB flip-flop w/ the XPS 15 9675.

Tweeted in July 2018 that 32GB deliveries are "aiming for September" 2018. Then backtracked on August 31st 2018, "trying for end of this year possibly Q1 though". Finally on Feb 6 2019, Frank admits he's known for a few weeks that 32GB  is just "not happening anymore".

Imagine waiting 3/4 of a year for this guy to be confused twice and admit "oh, yeah, I've known for a while. We totally canned that."

Codrut Nistor

Well, he's one of the best sources of Dell/Alienware-related information. The fact that he's sometimes inaccurate doesn't make him less relevant. It only makes Dell/Alienware look bad, if you ask me.

Nils Nulsson

J Foos

"In the interim, there have been reports that a set of modded Realtek Audio drivers resolves the DPC latency issues. ".

As far as I understand, the issues are still present when using pro-audio interfaces. So updating the Realtek driver for the onboard audio (which most would have disabled anyways) is supposed to be a fix for high DPCs?  ??? ??? ???

Diana W

Was not aware that the sound problems on my Dell were linked to the machine itself.  I was blaming it all on Windows 10 upgrades.  Now my brand new (Dell XP15 9570, purchased Dec. 2018, still under warranty), has crapped out completely.  Tried replacing the mother board, no help.  It's possibly a problem with the IO board, and/or IO ribbon and interposers.  No one seems to know.  I expect I will probably get a new computer out of this, but am now not sure that will be the best solution.  Is there any way to insure  that a replacement computer will be better?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview