News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Swift 5 SF515-51T (i7-8565U, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, February 12, 2019, 10:37:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Acer has created a 15.6-inch notebook that is light as a feather and features up-to-date technology: a Whiskey Lake processor, an NVMe SSD and (dual-channel) DDR4 RAM. Of course these features aren't cheap: The device is available for around $1400.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-5-SF515-51T-i7-8565U-SSD-FHD-Laptop-Review.406346.0.html

"Acer is clearly the winner in terms of weight"
Not in this case, as being heavier was evidently superior.

"things might get tight for the Gram"
Not gonna happen. Companies like LG and Samsung's annual R&D outstrips Acer's entire net revenue. And that's just their R&D for consumer electronics. This is why bigger laptop manufacturers could not make an LG Gram or Samsung Notebook 9 even if they wanted to.

Jesse

Oh Acer.  Stop with the reflective touch screens already!  I would have bought this if there was a matte option.

toysars

Johnny Ip

Dear Sirs,

Can I ask whether the Acer notebook supports PD (Power Delivery) charging? It is an important question because we cannot at all time find a place or socket to recharge the notebook. Await your kind comment.

Many thanks.

Johnny Ip

Elizabeth

Anyone know what the adapter tip size is for this model? Thanks!
(SIgggh - wish things were simpler - gazillions of spec details, this and that.... have to be on google forever just to buy a spare adapter!! Why why why can't manufacturers keep things simple??_

Samuel-san

I bought mine a few months back at a computer, it's a pretty good all round laptop with i7-8565U (passmark score 6000+). Battery lasts for around 4 hours.
USB-C charging works, charging speed is 2 hours, just as fast as the default charger. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview