News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Unusual throttling behavior shows the Core i7-8565U running both faster and slower than the i7-8550U

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2019, 22:52:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Dell Inspiron 17 7786 can run 20 percent faster than the last generation Inspiron 17 7773 for the first 10 to 20 minutes before clock rates begin to dip dramatically. At that point, CPU performance stabilizes at 10 percent slower than the older Core i7-8550U CPU. This "delayed" throttling behavior is uncommon on many laptops.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unusual-throttling-behavior-shows-the-Core-i7-8565U-running-both-faster-and-slower-than-the-i7-8550U.403236.0.html

Dan Ridenhour

Interesting...   if you make the assumption that most non-gaming stress loads will be less than 20 minutes in length the new CPU provides a substantial performance bump of around 20%.     But if you have long sustained loads your going to get less out of it than the 8th gen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview